ls7 throttle body??

K.Brown Customs

i have a 03 with the radix sc

will the ls7 tb bolt right up?

is it worth the money with a super charger?

i figure, the charger is pulling air no matter what.... do i really need a 12mm larger tb?

i can get a brand new 90 mm ls7 tb for $145 shipped

whats your thoughts?

kb-

This mods is definitely worth while on a supercharged app. The only prob is that the j-tube on the damn radix blower is 78mm, that was one thing I loved about the tvs1900 I bought for the ss was the front inlet was a 90mm. Anyways to make this tb work, you'll need a 90mm j-tube and to make the electronics of it function, you'll need an x-link. I bought a radix for my ss clone I'm building and the first thing I got was that bigger j-tube. Now I need to order a tb and x link as well.

whats this "x-link"?? is that for the electric plug?

so the 90mm TB bolts right up? but its not plug and play?

I figured the J-tube was a different size. I can fab up a stainless pipe or mild steel, powder coated... no big deal

do I need to tune it too??

thanx for the info bro

KB-

whats this "x-link"?? is that for the electric plug?

so the 90mm TB bolts right up? but its not plug and play?

I figured the J-tube was a different size. I can fab up a stainless pipe or mild steel, powder coated... no big deal

do I need to tune it too??

thanx for the info bro

KB-

its the adapter plug needed for 90mm tb and yes bolts right up but not plug n play yes you will need re-tune after install read this info on x link : http://www.torquerush.com/ and http://www.torquerush.com/More.html Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

its the adapter plug needed for 90mm tb and yes bolts right up but not plug n play yes you will need re-tune after install read this info on x link : http://www.torquerush.com/ and http://www.torquerush.com/More.html

correction, he will need to upgrade the J tube on the radix to a 90mm 4 bolt flange style to be able to run an LS7 TB. his 3 bolt flange 78mm wont accept the bigger TB unless some modifying is involved. And it not just a 12mm upgrade, its a 1584mm^2 upgrade. so yes worth it. Think of it this way, when your truck is at WOT, would you radder have it breath threw a tine straw, or a bigger one, in the case of a radix, it has proven to lower IAT because the radix works less to ingest air

correction, he will need to upgrade the J tube on the radix to a 90mm 4 bolt flange style to be able to run an LS7 TB. his 3 bolt flange 78mm wont accept the bigger TB unless some modifying is involved. And it not just a 12mm upgrade, its a 1584mm^2 upgrade. so yes worth it. Think of it this way, when your truck is at WOT, would you radder have it breath threw a tine straw, or a bigger one, in the case of a radix, it has proven to lower IAT because the radix works less to ingest air

Exactly^^^

Surface area

78mm tb 4778.36mm^2

90mm tb 6361.72mm^2

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

My bad forgot he was sc