427/C5R build update....

GEAR M UP

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, good stuff costs... my 427 i had (back in the day) had Manley severe duty Stainless exhausts and Ti- Intakes and buzzed 8-8200 and never had a valve failure.. with aluminum rods and .085 in/valve clearance..

(oh, and GOOD valve springs) :D

Edited by nmpianalto (see edit history)

Still waiting on some parts from Comp.......

68981122.jpg

68981121.jpg

68981115.jpg

What kind of Rockers do you plan to use?

I know LS1 speed is a fan of the stock rockers and does not recommend shaft mounts.

I see this motor is hitting 550 RWHP on a Z06 what are your targets on your truck with and without juice?

Great Job!

Here are the Speed Inc rockers I'm using w/o shaft mount Just got the studs from Comp to mount yesterday.......

RKE-350A1.7L.jpg

I'll have good flowing heads, exhaust, underdrive crank pulley, and some other goodies, but my limiting factor is the stock truck intake. I'd really like to do the FAST 90mm with a good throttle-body. But thats $1500 I don't have now.....

I'm guess to answer your question, I'm expecting around 500RWHP with the trucks drive-train and upper 500's with the nitrous.

But I'm still worried about the trans, can it hold up?

Well after taking a closer looking at the stock truck intake, valve covers, and some other stuff I started looking......

Talking with Speed Inc and Katech now..........I should know later today what I’m doing......

Looking at the FAST 90mm intake and 90mm throttle body.....

Valve covers will be close to these, they will accommodate the larger rockers.

69542734.jpg

I'll have to move the coils also.....

bracketkitsml.JPG

Have you looked into possibly doing the LS2 intake manifold off of the new SSR? It is supposed to be the same size as the truck intakes, have a 90mm DBW TB, and flow better than our truck intakes. Also it would be total about $500 instead of $1500.

Edited by styleandspeed (see edit history)

Have you looked into possibly doing the LS2 intake manifold off of the new SSR?  It is supposed to be the same size as the truck intakes, have a 90mm DBW TB, and flow better than our truck intakes.  Also it would be total about $500 instead of $1500.

I have heard that the intakes only flow better because of the larger TB, and that the manifold itself is sorta teh suxor, something about welded plastic or sum od reason... :ughdance:

Have you looked into possibly doing the LS2 intake manifold off of the new SSR?  It is supposed to be the same size as the truck intakes, have a 90mm DBW TB, and flow better than our truck intakes.  Also it would be total about $500 instead of $1500.

I have heard that the intakes only flow better because of the larger TB, and that the manifold itself is sorta teh suxor, something about welded plastic or sum od reason... :ughdance:

That is true, in the prototype models there was a problem lining them up while friction welding the pieces of the intake together. I have since heard that GM has gotten a bit better and cleaner with the process.