427/C5R build update....

GEAR M UP

Well the nitrous is out/gone........

I'm going with the 90mm intake and TB.

It looks like there will be some reconfiguring going on to make the new intake work. Basically, going with an F-Body bracketing and moving the coil pack and a few other things. It should look like the C5-R motor picture below w/o the velocity stacks.

There goes another week......

491018_31_full.jpg

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, are the rockers adjustable?  I can't remember what type of lifters you said you were using?  If you are using stock type, how much pre-load are they setting it to to start with?

Ben, I've been going back and forth on this with my engine builder. I know they are going to be Comp, but I don’t have any specifics... As soon as I know, I'll post.........

Well the nitrous is out/gone........

I'm going with the 90mm intake and TB.

Atta-boy, ;) Do it right the first time. :thumbs:

The truck intake just looks out of place on a C5-R block. :crazy:

Can you say buzz kill :banghead: .....I was all set to go with the FAST 78 or 90mm intake and larger TB. But the issue is the TB, we can find one that works with the truck fly by wire system. We found one but its not going to be released until next year.....

So back to the stock truck intake and we'll polish and port the stock TB and were up and running next week......

The motor will only be in the truck through spring, and then come summer I'll put it in the Z06 with a supercharger or turbo where parts are more readily available.....

Can you say buzz kill :banghead: .....I was all set to go with the FAST 78 or 90mm intake and larger TB.  But the issue is the TB, we can find one that works with the truck fly by wire system.  We found one but its not going to be released until next year.....

Will the stock TB not bolt onto the Fast intake?

We were going for the 90mm to feed this big-ass motor.....

I really did not want to spend the $$$ on a 78mm when in 6 months it will be dropped into the Z06 with a 90mm intake and TB....

I wanted the 90mm to workout for the benefits of a very large supercharger or turbo in the Vette....

800 Hp, with high 9's or low 10's is my goal in the Z06......

Jeff, are the rockers adjustable?  I can't remember what type of lifters you said you were using?  If you are using stock type, how much pre-load are they setting it to to start with?

Ben,

Comp LS1/LS6 Pro-Magnum 1.85 rocker arm kit w/ 3/8 flat guide plates.....

Should be up and running by Wednesday, Dyno'd Thrusday, and running 1/4 mile on Friday...............:fingersx:

comp_rockers.jpg

Comp LS1 1.85 ROLLER ROCKER KIT

Upgrade your LS1/LS6 with COMP Cam®’s new adjustable high ratio fully rollerized rocker arm kits. Kit available for 5/16 or 3/8 pushrods, and includes Pro-Magnum rocker arms, guide plates, rocker studs and adjusting nuts with locking screws.These adjustable rocker arms are designed to fit under the stock valve covers. Components are also available individually. Take advantage of these benefits with the Pro-Magnum™ rocker arm:

• Reduced friction

• Fully adjustable

• Rigid investment cast chromemoly steel rocker arm body

• Lifetime warranty on Pro-Magnum™ rocker arm body

Ben,

Comp LS1/LS6 Pro-Magnum 1.85 rocker arm kit w/ 3/8 flat guide plates.....

Should be up and running by Wednesday, Dyno'd Thrusday, and running 1/4 mile on Friday...............:fingersx:

comp_rockers.jpg

Comp LS1 1.85 ROLLER ROCKER KIT

Upgrade your LS1/LS6 with COMP Cam®’s new adjustable high ratio fully rollerized rocker arm kits. Kit available for 5/16 or 3/8 pushrods, and includes Pro-Magnum rocker arms, guide plates, rocker studs and adjusting nuts with locking screws.These adjustable rocker arms are designed to fit under the stock valve covers. Components are also available individually. Take advantage of these benefits with the Pro-Magnum™ rocker arm:

• Reduced friction

• Fully adjustable

• Rigid investment cast chromemoly steel rocker arm body

• Lifetime warranty on Pro-Magnum™ rocker arm body

I guess you're not worried about breaking it in. :driving:

I guess you're not worried about breaking it in. :driving:

Breaking engines in is for people that don't set correct tolerances....

Top Fuel engines get a good break in, tear-down and assembled in 75 minutes

and a couple of throttle whips, then right on the track...

:jester:

Edited by nmpianalto (see edit history)