opinion on my possible new exhaust setup plzz

nightmare03

hey everyone, so i have been going back and forth with what to do to my new 2003 ss. she is honestly my baby and i want it to sound like a ****ing monster. i want a deep loud rumble with no rasp at all but def loud...here is my idea and want to see what people think or if there are other recommendations. i was going to go with kooks 1 7/8" long tube headers, some type of x pipe(suggestions on brand please) and then gut my cats and have a magnaflow exhaust. what does everyone think? i know people have tried a lot of different exhaust and i dont have enough money to try more than once, so i need to get it right on the first try, so please help would be great, thank you!

Kooks is a good start, they make a good header. As for the X pipe any will do as you will have to have some exhaust work unless you can weld it in yourself.

Heres the X pipe. It doesnt have to be this exact one as there are cheaper out there.

http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/MagnaFlow/MF10792.html?feed=npn&gclid=CK2Wk4r80rMCFexAMgodLxkAKQ

As for gutting the cats, i wouldnt do that or go without cats. You will get the rasp you dont want. Get a good set of high flow cats and the magnaflow muffler and have the rest of the exhaust custom done. Thats the best and easiest way to have it the way you want and not cut up a magnaflow catback.