WTB: Intimidator SS Spoiler

ThatTallCanadian

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah Mr. P had a good write up as always i just have a hard time believing everyone went to the stealerships to get this done after buying them

true i did mind an didnt have to take to the dealer, i did get the blue print to make the hole for the side corner tho...

It's cake to mount them if you have any do it your self skills. My wing came with lil L brackets for the wing corners and my 06 came with the stock black non ss wing so I removed that one and used the existing hardware to mount it if your truck was an ss or didn't have that wing then you have to drill your tailgate to get the barrel nuts in the tailgate to have something to screw the Iss wing to

It's cake to mount them if you have any do it your self skills. My wing came with lil L brackets for the wing corners and my 06 came with the stock black non ss wing so I removed that one and used the existing hardware to mount it if your truck was an ss or didn't have that wing then you have to drill your tailgate to get the barrel nuts in the tailgate to have something to screw the Iss wing to

X2 I agree with this, I guess customers over think things because it requires you to drill on they're bed so they'd rather take it to the dealership, nonetheless both options work

Im not to worried about it, Im sure ill get it figured out no problem... i got to take it to get painted anyway so Im sure i can just have the body shop pros hook it up with their vast knowledge haha! Just ordered me one of these bad boys! check that paypal hpnotq you should have some funds woohoo!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Ive got my wing prefitted and in primer now ill be painting it this week or weekend will post picks of both. Also yes the doublesided tape on the L brackets work great instead of drilling holes in your bed.

Ive got my wing prefitted and in primer now ill be painting it this week or weekend will post picks of both. Also yes the doublesided tape on the L brackets work great instead of drilling holes in your bed.

Damn I didn't think of doing it that way. Are you using tape on the edges of the corners itself as well?

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)

Never tried this method, does the tape hold up? I always recommend bolting because the intimidator comes like that,also because I wouldn't want some idiot to go and lean on that part of the wing and have it fall