How much did all your mods cost after installation?

I am looking to getting a lot of stuff done, and I might as well do it all at once...

My list is pretty simple though

Camshaft

Torque Converter

Springs/pushrods

CAI

Muffler/cat delete

Wheatley PCM tune

What does this normally cost after install?

I am kinda hoping I can find someone in the local area from the forums that could help do this with me, and show me, I am not really good with mechanics.

Well the PCM tune wont cost anything to install you just have to replace your PCM with the tuned one, Super simple.

A CAI is olso very easy to install yourself (you only really nedd a screwdriver and a wrench)

The others stuff is much more difficuly especially if you have no mechanical skills

If your gonna do it yourself you better have a person that know what there doing to help. If not take it somewhere. It's gonna take a while too. Not just gonna be a 1 day job unless you have all the tools and know what your doing. If you can get all your parts and have it installed for 3500$ that would be a good deal.

I am in the military and I have full access to a hobby shop. Lifts, and all the tools I would need. So its really up to the people lol. Do I need to "REPLACE" the PCM or just send my stock one in and have it retuned? or should I get an extra one?

Sending yours in is all you need. Or some tuning guys will ask exactly what you done and send you a tune that you download into your computer so your truck isnt down.

A basic cam install when I had it done which included the cam, wires, plugs, springs, push rods was $1200 total.

For the convertor install if you have the lift and tools at your disposal and another set of hands you can do that, the muffler/cat delete yourself.

I am in the military and I have full access to a hobby shop. Lifts, and all the tools I would need. So its really up to the people lol. Do I need to "REPLACE" the PCM or just send my stock one in and have it retuned? or should I get an extra one?

I'm in the CG and I've been to quite a few different hobby shops. They do have tools and such, but usually( from my experience) they don't allow you to keep it there over night. And a can swap isn't a "quick" job. It'll take some time and some specialty tools. I've never done one personnaly but I don't think a hobby shop is the place to do one. Usually there just for brake jobs and small stuff, like puting on a cai.

Sent from my 4G Razor

Where are you stationed there's a bunch of military guys on here and I'm sure there's one of us where you are to help. If you were at Bragg you could do it in my garage and even use the specialty tools I have ;)

I dont know if it is still posted but "the garage" used to have a section with mods and costs in it.

Ugh, well my bad. I looked for some info a little bit but didnt find much. I am hoping I can get all this stuff for around 2 grand after installation.

Ugh, well my bad. I looked for some info a little bit but didnt find much. I am hoping I can get all this stuff for around 2 grand after installation.

The total in cost for your parts list will be roughly $2000, not including labor if you choose to have a shop do the work. You will not be able to find parts and labor with everything in your list for that price......

A few other things to consider adding to that list....

shift kit/servos/accumulators-(beef up the trans to handle power from cam)

larger trans cooler-(a bigger stall creates more heat)

larger fuel injectors-(a necessity with a cam upgrade)

long tube headers-(she needs to breath with the cam)

brake upgrade of some sort-(lines, pads, rotors for starters)

Doesnt sound bad, I think I should be able to get everything I want for less than 2000, if I bargain hunt like I do....

Had a buddy tell me the trannys tend to go out around 100k+- 20k miles... And that the shift kit and servos just harm the life of them.

The cam I am getting I was told does not need bigger injectors well it says that in the cam guide. I know it wouldnt hurt to throw some larger injectors...

Long tubes are a must I know, but I am shopping for the right prices on those, they're ridiculously expensive brand new. .

Trans cooler is a down the road thing for me.

But I am in the same mindset as you, I like to do supporting mods then do the big one.

My last build was a 04 mach 1, had about 25k into it... Just sold it and bought this had 8,000$ suspension build and about 15k in the motor, and other stuff interior. I didnt even build the motor had it pushing 450rwhp 510 crank and 400 ft lbs tq. with only 8lbs of boost on a vortech supercharger lol.. I sure miss it... This SS is nothing and I dont think it ever will be anything to compare lol, ran 10.9 1/4 mile at 130

Edited by GTRogers (see edit history)

Bragg is in Fayetteville,nc def a lot closer than Virginia. Va is 4 hrs from me.

Damn man that aint bad.. Cant be too far from me then. no more than 8 hrs. Would you be able to do cam swap and everything or have those kind of skills?