wtb forged turbo pistons

built04SS

make sure you buy the right compression height pistons if going used or new used from someone

(stroke/2)+rod+compression height of piston=deck hieght of block if using a zero deck

stock deck is 9.240

your using

(3.622/2)+6.125+x=9.240

7.936+x=9.240

x=1.304 compression height

stock ls pistons sit .01" out of the bore thats why the .051" stock gasket thickness

dont waste your time and money trying to find pistons to go with stock stroke and 6.125 rods if your doing that

you will also need to get it all balanced and other m/c work

just get a stroker kit you will be miles ahead

well my motor builder owes me so hes doing all my machine work and balancing for free and i dont want to do a stroker i want to do something diff im just gonna buy new pistons but do i need to stick with a stock rod length or what would be best but i do not want to do a stroker

Ive got a set of Diamond forged pistons with a steel top ring set for nitrous or boost. They have -2cc valve reliefs in them. Not sure what you are wanting for compression, but these are as close to stock forged as you can get. Ran me about 1100 bucks. Not using them anymore, went with a different route. They can be yours for $700 plus shipping. Shop around and get back to me if you're interested.

Damn! $600? Good deal. And good luck with the build. I went through Texas Speed and the best deal i could get was $900. But the rings alone were $250

What compression ratio did you end up going with? How much boost are you planning on running?

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Ahh okay. Yeah im running 10.2/1 with a radix at 8psi. But when i go with the TVS ill have to drop it quite a bit. Id imagine to 9.3ish. Hopefully i can get away with thick gaskets and maybe some aftermarket heads with bigger chambers to lower compression, cuz i dont wanna do a piston swap for the 3rd time. It gets expensive and time consuming, as im sure you know.

Ah. Okay. Yeah you dont want stock piston dimensions with even smaller cc heads. I love builds. Their so much fun. Be sure to make a build thread when you're done or during your build. Take lots of pics and good luck!