Help P0300 Code

JDSS

Hey Guys, long time lurker and I need some help here. I got the P0300 code about two weeks ago. I've replaced the plugs,wires,cleaned the tb and air filter. Truck runs fine but still throws the code. I've pulled. each coild plug while running and it doesn't even stumble. Where should I go from here? Cats ? 02 sensors?

Thanks

Joe

When mine threw a non cylinder misfire code P0300 the EGR was stuck open !!! Dealer replaced the EGR reset the system and have not had a problem since !!! And the truck ran fine as if nothing was wrong !!! Just my .02 Hope this helps !!!

Thanks for the help. This code is making me crazy! Found a lot of great info using the search feature but it seems like their is a ton of possible problems that could be causing the p0300 random misfire. Was trying to avoid the dealer as my warranty is up. But I guess I just got to bite the bullet and bring it in.

Again thanks for the info/ help.

Hey Guys, long time lurker and I need some help here. I got the P0300 code about two weeks ago. I've replaced the plugs,wires,cleaned the tb and air filter. Truck runs fine but still throws the code. I've pulled. each coild plug while running and it doesn't even stumble. Where should I go from here? Cats ? 02 sensors?

Thanks

Joe

Never pull the wires while the truck is running, those coils produce enough amperage to stop you heart.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)

SS's are not EGR equipped. Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor? How many miles on the truck? More often then not, a P0300 random misfire code is the beginning sign of a failing Catalytic Converter.....

I did not know SSS did not have EGR's !!! I guess the dealer kind of robbed me but I have not had a code set from that day and that was almost 3 years ago, So they fixed it but told me the wrong info on what they fixed !!! Thanks for the info !!!

SS's are not EGR equipped. Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor? How many miles on the truck? More often then not, a P0300 random misfire code is the beginning sign of a failing Catalytic Converter.....

Really?? Yes. Cleaned MAF sensor when I changed plugs n wires. It has just over 100k miles. Had a cat fail at about 65k. But it's not showing symptoms in any way that I can tell. No smell or noise. Idles great, runs great. Idk? I guess like you said the code is just the beginning.

Thanks for help

Joe

• 2 weeks later...