Opinions on painting hood

asullivan

Playing around with an app on my iphone, started to have my thinking about going two tone on the hood...

IMG_0044.jpg

what do you all think? I would do it in a flat black and would really like to have a 1/2" victory red pinstripe offsetted about 1" from the border.

Edited by asullivan (see edit history)

I like the idea, but have you thought of a all black hood with the angled part of the hood and above the grille left in red ? Also dig the black bowtie !!!

A dude that was running around UK this spring did this on his and it looked pretty good !!!

I like the idea, but have you thought of a all black hood with the angled part of the hood and above the grille left in red ? Also dig the black bowtie !!!

A dude that was running around UK this spring did this on his and it looked pretty good !!!

Yeah I have toyed with the idea of that as well, also thought about getting a cowl hood and doing it, but for some reason I am kinda stuck on the look of the factory hood lol

Yeah I have toyed with the idea of that as well, also thought about getting a cowl hood and doing it, but for some reason I am kinda stuck on the look of the factory hood lol

I like the factory hood ___ But some of the aftermarket hoods look pretty cool, I'm staying with factory i'm a factory kind of guy I guess !!! I have been toying with the idea of Ghost hockey stick stripes W/ 6.0, ss or something in it, Like old school !!!

I was going to do a flat black on parts of my hood, every body shop I talked to said the look wont last long or atleast look as good as when it was first done. No waxing can be done or it will bring it to a sheen, any stans etc will not come out. Etc Etc.... 3 different shops told me the same thing,

It might cheaper going with a vinyl.... same look but not as expensive.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

I was going to do a flat black on parts of my hood, every body shop I talked to said the look wont last long or atleast look as good as when it was first done. No waxing can be done or it will bring it to a sheen, any stans etc will not come out. Etc Etc.... 3 different shops told me the same thing,

It might cheaper going with a vinyl.... same look but not as expensive.

You know I wondered about that, my uncle has a similar design on his lightning and he said that if you go with a flat black to have it with a semi gloss because it will last a lot longer and is easier to clean, I figured I'd talk to the paint guys and see there thoughts, if all else ill just go with vinyl. Oh and cmoney23 the app is called color splash