Air coming in thru back passenger glass

cleansss20

I hear air coming in the back passenger glass. When I pulled over to see if the window was cracked or maybe not latched down tight, I noticed it was closed but I could push out on the glass a little bit. Is there any way I can tighten the latch up or whats holding the window in? :dunno: I can hear it over the exhaust and the procharger and it's annoying me to hear the wind constantly!!

That happens to almost all of these trucks, you can buy a new plastic hinge to fix it or you can put some weather stripping in it. To seal it permanently and not be able to open it, you can put a bead of caulk around the seal, then reinstall the window and it will be nice and quiet and dry. Mine has gotten so bad that the automatic carwash floods my back door panel and floorboard, I just keep putting off fixing it.

Mine did this too. Instead of doing above, I removed the door panel, opened the window. The metal right below the window where the bracket attaches is the problem. I used a towel and a pair or pliers and slightly bent the thin metal frame in wards. Closed the window after each try and the seal got better each time, until the window was nice and tight.

Here is the instructions. Post 13. There used to be a thread with pics but I cant find it now. It worked for and has been fine for about 3 months,

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f53/there-way-tighten-rear-window-seal-silverado-extended-cab-61483/

Mine did this too. Instead of doing above, I removed the door panel, opened the window. The metal right below the window where the bracket attaches is the problem. I used a towel and a pair or pliers and slightly bent the thin metal frame in wards. Closed the window after each try and the seal got better each time, until the window was nice and tight.

Here is the instructions. Post 13. There used to be a thread with pics but I cant find it now. It worked for and has been fine for about 3 months,

http://www.gminsiden...nded-cab-61483/

Thanks for the link. Thats some good info. :cheers: