rear brake options

poopnewton

I bought a 2005 VHO silverado earlier this year and was going to change the rear brakes because my rear rotors are warped pretty bad. In the process of trying to figure what brakes I need I realized someone who owned the truck before me changed the factory drums to a single piston rear disc setup. The setup I have now doesn't look like anything special and I think is some kind of factory single piston disc setup off a cheaper Silverado or something. So my question is how crappy was the single piston Silverado setup and how much stuff would I have to change to get at least a factory 2 piston caliper brake system on my truck

Edited by poopnewton (see edit history)

I bought a 2005 VHO silverado earlier this year and was going to change the rear brakes because my rear rotors are warped pretty bad. In the process of trying to figure what brakes I need I realized someone who owned the truck before me changed the factory drums to a single piston rear disc setup. The setup I have now doesn't look like anything special and I think is some kind of factory single piston disc setup off a cheaper Silverado or something. So my question is how crappy was the single piston Silverado setup and how much stuff would I have to change to get at least a factory 2 piston caliper brake system on my truck

I have the factory 2 piston rear calipers. the singles would suck.... For reference i use the Autozone Performance CMAX racing pads. They are the pnly pad that work right and fit the SSS. Otherwise all other pads are too small.

Does anybody know if I could swap some semi loaded 2004 SS dual piston calipers, pads, and rotors in place of single piston brakes. If so does anyone know if I would have the correct master cylinder to support those brakes. The option code for the original brakes that came with my truck is JF7.

Edited by poopnewton (see edit history)

From my understand 05+ Tahoe or suburban and GM SUV had the larger rotors and dual piston calipers. Since your already swapped to single piston, you should be able to buy the loaded calipers and rotors and be done with it. Not sure about the parking brake assembly but I'd imagine it should be the same...

When it comes to mounting for the 10 bolt and 14 bolt they have the same mounting flange. The only difference is the 14 bolts flange is clocked to sit like a diamond instead of a square. Like the points are up and down vs . Vertical