All info for AWD tbss trans in an awd silverado ss here

Ok so just finished 4l70e swap in my 03 SSS. I got a low mileage setup for very cheap and couldn't pass it up. You need converter, trans and transfer case. Everything bolts up the same. Neutral safety/backup switch must be used from 4l65e. Only real problem is front universal joint is smaller from tbss. So I just need to figure that out. But truck runs with trans in and shifts nice a firm.

I'm curious why you used the transfercase from the TBSS? The trans from the TBSS is pretty much the same unit as the 4L70E Vortec Max trucks. The 07' up TBSS trucks and NNBS Vortec Max trucks also use the input speed sensor also which can be eliminated if you do a swap such as this swap into a truck with the older style pcm. I'd be interested in seeing how much different the torsen style limited slip in the transfercase for the TBSS will hold compard to the Silverado SS's viscous coupler style. Unfortunatly you'd need about 600hp to really get a hard enough launch to see the difference in how well the mid-diff transfers the power.

I used tbss transfer (and trans) because I didn't know it was different at the time of swap. Just bought the truck with the blown trans. It was very straight forward. The truck Is stock and really didn't buy it to race, bought it as a toy hauler, so I won't be able to tell you how it launches. I could take some photos tomorrow if anyone is interested in seeing it installed. Ill be under the truck changing oil anyway.