The best sounding exhaust

Ive been looking at getting new exhaust for my 03 ss for awhile i want something loud and throaty but i don't want to break the bank so id like to do it right the first time . Just wondering what everyones opinions are on a good exhaust system to invest in ?

Do you want from the headers back? or Catback, or just a muffler??

Like any opinion, you will get what people like, Some like it raspy and some dont. I would do some research on brands and price and go from there.

Price all depends on whether you want to piece the system together yourself or buy the entire thing from the same brand.

Buying everything seperate will save you money.

I myself am going with either Kooks headers ($900) or pacesetter ($300) depending on if I have the extra money...

I am piecing my exhaust together separately, headers as mentioned above, stock Y pipe, Stock cats, and my magnaflow muffler. if you choose no cats you will get rasp and popping from the exhaust.

I went with magnaflow as it has a nice deep tone to it at idle and cruising, you can still hear your passengers but when you step on it, its loud but not out of hand.

Go to utube and listen to different mufflers and set ups and find the one you want, I have magnaflow DI/DO

I also have this setup. Pacesetters no cats and 2.5" pipes coming out in front of the right rear. Throaty low rumble at idle and very maen sounding the more you push the skinny pedal.

this is basically a pure opinion thread it really depends what your looking for. deep rasp, mild with a good tone, loud theres many options out there. i personally love my corsa sport because of the rasp and pure loudness at WOT. I also have OBX Lt's with no cats

I've benn searching you tube about this myself. So far my personal favorite is Corsa Sport cat back w no cats and long tubes. Just wish I wish I could hear an in cab before I pull the trigger. I still want to be able to talk to passengers with little drone as possible.

Something must be wrong with me because I LOVE the drone. Hense the borlas and super 44's

I've dealt w the drone for years w all the mustangs I've built and rode in, including mine. This is why I want a more aggressive sou d to the SSS but not much drone. Guess I'm getting old lol

I'm looking at piecing together the exhaust because i would like to get it out before the rear tire and i haven't found any cat back systems like that. I'm leaning more towards magnaflow but i love the sound of corsa but somethings holding me back from it. Not sure about headers yet id rather wait until I've got more money to spend. I found a video on utube thats similar to what i like ill try and put the link on here later . i want the truck to have a semi loud aggressive tone

Honestly my favorite system i've had so far will sound very retarded but I've never heard anything better.

Stock manifolds/cats. Corsa cat back, but deleting the muffler and running it straight piped. It barely ever droned, perfect amount of deepness and rumble, and it just was amazing at every rpm.

http://youtu.be/FgoLluLGMkw

http://youtu.be/NzSc5Kdph_Q

the videos kinda distort the sound a tad, and make it seem quieter than it really was.

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)