EVAP Issues

Willoverkill

So I had a code a few months ago.. I forget which one it was, P0466 or P0446. Whatever one it was pointed to be the purge solenoid. Did some reading and internet searching to see what everyone was doing.... And we replaced the solenoid and added the extra line to relocate the filter.

Couple months go by and the engine light is back on.. So we get another part under warranty. Cleared the codes, checked the filter, all is well..

WELL now the light is back on AGAIN.. I am wondering what else needs to be checked next? I dont hear too often of fuel caps going bad. And they get tested every two years up here for emissions tests.

Anyone have some ideas here? Im at a loss.

2003 SIlverado SS

When I had this issue, I pulled the EVAP Plastic line off with the small little filter under the truck. I took compressed air and blew into it and had to sit there for a good 30 seconds with it before it came unclogged. I did this twice in about 2 months and I never had the problem again. You can look into the line etc and not see anything obstruction. Its the valve in the filter housing that gets stuck.... easy free fix.

Well. I think I can rule out the clogged filter idea. Cause the line is new. Filter new. And second purge solenoid. I took the filter apart. No dirt at all. It's stuck up around the rear of the transmission housing.

So there's another thing on top of the fuel tank.? The pressure sensor?

What's the odds it's the gas cap.... ?

Not really looking forward to dropping a fuel tank.

I could just drive an hour to see my tuner and have the code shut off. But normally I like my things to work properly.

I would atleast try the gas cap. Worth it instead of trying to get to the one on top. Was the first thing I replaced on mine when I pulled the code. Ended up being the thing u already replaced. Chevy charged me 35$ just for a gas cap lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

First things first, scan the truck again and see what code(s) comes up.

Speculating on what the cause is will not help, and will possibly cause you to waste $$$, replace good parts, and still have a CEL in the end.

Have your truck scanned for codes and report back to us.....

Exactly as above.... But FYI this part was a recall and their remedy to fixing it stunk. GM came out with an updated model and used it in an 06 suburban it's 1/3 the cost and the same part # there's a lot of write ups on the net about it. Jut google it. My truck had the recall done and just like yours threw the code again. Replaced with the 06 suburban part # and never looked back. Just be sure to buy about 3 ft of 5/8" heater hose along with the part as you will need it for install....

Well that's what I don't understand. I've replaced the whole unit twice. And done the relocation. I pulled the filter last time it came on and it's spotless. The hose is all new. No dirt anywhere. I don't even drive in nasty conditions.

I'm thinking of getting the code shut off when I get my tune updated. I could throw money at this crap forever. Lol.

I just want to clarify what parts you have replaced so far.....the Vent Solenoid Valve has been replaced twice, and you have done the EVAP line relocate procedure, correct?

If the above is correct, there is still a piece of the puzzle that has not been replaced that can cause this code. There is an EVAP Purge Valve on top of the Intake Manifold that gets gummed up with carbon after time, try replacing this....