EVAP Issues

Willoverkill

Well that's what I don't understand. I've replaced the whole unit twice. And done the relocation. I pulled the filter last time it came on and it's spotless. The hose is all new. No dirt anywhere. I don't even drive in nasty conditions.

I'm thinking of getting the code shut off when I get my tune updated. I could throw money at this crap forever. Lol.

You wont see any dirt etc or any obstruction in the lines or in the purge valve. I know its weird, when I did it I didnt see anything and I heard it clear itself out and the problem never came back. Instead of buying all new EVAP components, give this a try, Like Fireman said, its from carbon build up and as long as its blown out you wont have to waste money.

Driving in nasty conditions wont affect this.... This is sealed off strictly to the EVAP system. Carbon will form within it whether you have a show truck or DD.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

OK so your talking about blowing out the line that goes to the intake? I thought you were talking about the filter that we relocate...

There are a few culprits that can cause this code, most have been outlined here. The only part you haven't replaced is the Purge Valve on top of the Intake Manifold....

OK so your talking about blowing out the line that goes to the intake? I thought you were talking about the filter that we relocate...

Im talking about the hard plastic line that is under the truck that runs to the Filter near the fuel tank.