Brake Setup-Help Needed!

Bruzz5

I am looking into upgrading my 03' SSS brakes.

I have searched and found that many people are using bigger rotors like the (14") or upgrading to the 06' front calipers w/ (13") rotors.

But..

My question is.. what is better? To have the bigger rotors (14") w/ stock calipers or to use the bigger calipers with (13") rotors like the 06'?

Additional Info: I have already done the hydroboost conversion and the stainless steel lines.

I larger rotor will help, but without the larger caliper it would be pointless. A larger caliper would be best with the 13" rotors. You can also upgrade to the C5 corvette brake setup.

X2

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Hi Blown 346

Two Questions:

1. What options do I have for the rear brakes if I use the 13" rotors and bigger calipers in the front?

2. You said "You can also upgrade to the C5 corvette brake setup." Do you mean the Z06 conversion kit? If not, please go into further detail..

Im not totally sure on what you could do besides getting a performance rotor and pads for the rear. The performance rotors like slotted or dimpled will dissipate heat alot better and stop without causing brake fade. Same goes for performance pads, they will handle heat and load alot better than the stock stuff. I know alot of people go with the cross drilled rotors thin. king they are better. In reality thay arent, they actually have the tendancy to crack within and around the actual drilled hole in the rotor. Those rotors are basically meant for vehicles that do alot of heavy braking, like auto cross etc, and once they done with the track session they are either removed from the car or replaced.

Yes I do mean the Z06 brakes. That is the next thing I will be doing as the front brakes on our trucks are over rated and dont do to well in a OH Shit situation with all that mass behind them.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)