rear end feels like it moves when you stop and go

built04SS

i got a 2002 reg cab short bed the other day for a dd while the sss is down ... it is 4wd and when i stop kinda hard the rear end clunks and the truck feels like the back raises up a little bit now when i go to take off it clunks again and the back will feel like it drops...... was woundering if anyone has had this problem and might know what it is.. thanks

Is the truck lifted? Have you been under the back end to check out how that was done, (If it is lifted)? Thinking possible poorly mounted lift blocks, or brocken bolts on brackets or blocks.

Like SSchevySS, I've had broken engine and trans mounts feel like what you have described, too.

Keep us posted as to what you find.

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

well i was told today bye a buddy of mine that works for gm that the noise is the yoke that goes into the transfer case and they had a problem in some of the trucks that over time the yoke wears out from metal on metal and they make a new yoke with a plastic liner that you grease and the new yoke and ujoint is about a 200 fix.. or he said i can pack it with grease ever 5 or 6 months and it wont do it.... prob gonna do the grease for a few since i have to buy a transfer case anyone on here have a t case