axxes radio adapter

Maybe I should have checked reviews first but I just installed a new Pioneer avhp4400 and I am getting a buzzing sound in my speakers. I soldered everything and my grounds are good could this just be a quality issue with the adapter. This is going to suck because I am not sure if I will be able to return it know that I have already used it. I bought it all from Amazon.

I have the axxes adaptor for my pioneer 4300 and have no problem. Where did you put your ground? I used the factory screw behind the radio. Before that I had the same issue until I moved my ground. Have you checked to make sure your antenna is in all the way and isnt near metal?

Alot of time if you have your RCAs on the back of your radio touching the other wires it will produce static or a hiss (i noticed mine under acceleration). If you just run your rcas to the opposite side it helps.

I do not have rca cable going to the head unit. My rca are connected under the console to the Pac interface I used to connect my amp into the existing bose amp. I will try running the ground wires directly to the chassis ground.

Know that I think about I guess I don't need the pac interface for my amp to bose system since I now have an aftermarket head unit. I should just run the rca's from my amp straight to the rca hookup on the new head unit.

Edited by jon1178 (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ground loop.. no doubt.

Try moving the ground to another spot, if this does not work, I know one that will...

Leave radio grounded in the harness as normal, get a din screw (very short machine screw, usually with a pan head that is used to secure mounting brackets to the side of the radio) and run a wire from the cage/side of the unit to another grounding location. doesnt really matter where. Do this while the radio is playing, you will hear it stop when you connect the ground.

Now... ig you have an aftermarket amp on youre door speakers, signaled by RCA, you can also try grounding the case (outermost part of the RCA connector, used as the ground for the cable) and that usually works too. Just be careful not to touch the core and the case of the RCA, for this will cause all kinds of transformer noises.

Hope this helps...

MECP certified installer