Problem I cant seem to solve!!!!!

Ok let me start off by saying that ive tried everything from spending hours online to going to the dealership but still cant find a solution. Ok well I just got my SS out of the shop about 3 weeks ago just had the third transmission in a row put in it. My transmission wont go into overdrive and i have the trucool max tranny cooler installed also so idk how but my stock temp gauge says it is going up to close to 300 degrees. I can pull out my dipstick and touch the transmission fluid and it is no where close to being that hot. The only code the truck is throwing is the mass airflow sensor code also. Yesterday while at a stop light I noticed that my truck would not manually shift into first gear. I have not been hard on the truck at all either so i don't know whats going on. I need help immediately on this!!

Sounds like you need a new trans temp sensor, that or another trip to the trans shop. Maybe they damaged a wire or left it unplugged accidently??

I would save maybe your shift cable is fraying & in need of a GM replacement or the transmission shift linkage has been bent or mis-aligned by the smae transmission shop....?

Good luck.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

It could be the stepper motor going out with the Trans temp guage or like said not hooked up right or left unplugged.

I had a similar issue with my trans, the dealer replaced it and I still have it slip here and there and get worse. The tech i knew ended up putting the tune from a new silverado to my truck and the problem stopped and never came back. I would also ask if they replaced the entire trans or just the parts that needed it. The right way would be to do the whole trans case and all ready to bolt up. But with the times, dealers alot of times will only replace what needs to be replaced to cut down on costs. I would keep going back until the problme is fixed. You should have a 100,000 mile warranty on the trans. I did.

I think ive got it narrowed down to bad wiring, bad connector, or the transmission temp gauge motor behind the cluster. If the motor behind the temp gauge has went to crap could that be what is causing all my problems??