finally got my double din in!

dark03SS

I dont have any special system, just the stock bose system that comes in our trucks. I think it sounds great. I also kept the steering wheel controls and used

CRUX SOOGM-15 GM, which works great. Then for the bracket i just used whatever crutchfield sent me with my order.

any more info on everthing. i wanna put one but still be able to use all my steering wheel controls and be able to use onstar if one day i decide to intall it again. any name or part numbers for the harnesses needed. i like how u still have youre stock bose system, i heard you gotta get a separate harness to get that working too! i just want a double din to work like if its the stock radio. sorry for the questions i just wanna get everything in right the first time lol

any more info on everthing. i wanna put one but still be able to use all my steering wheel controls and be able to use onstar if one day i decide to intall it again. any name or part numbers for the harnesses needed. i like how u still have youre stock bose system, i heard you gotta get a separate harness to get that working too! i just want a double din to work like if its the stock radio. sorry for the questions i just wanna get everything in right the first time lol

WTH bro you know im a audio installer.. i still have all my steering wheel controls and onstar.. all the harnesses ARENT cheap (about $100 for your radio harness and another $100 to keep your steering wheel controls) but i love my pioneer 940BT

so far it works great. i have navigation bluetooth all of it for less than 300 bucks. If you order from crutchfield they will send you the harness you need for the screen and everything you need to hook it up. Only thing extra i had to pay for was the harness to keep the door chimes and onstar and the steering wheel controls. Also my problem at first was everything would work but no sound, comes to find out there is a amp under the center consoule. So instead of taking that out i just found which wire from factory harness went to amp then spliced into it with the remote wire from the aftermarket harness. All in all it was a very easy install i would say.