auto shift from 1st to 2nd, can I stop it?

Ever since I got my truck, I noticed that if I put it into first it will shift to 2nd by itself.

I've never had any truck that would do this.

sometimes it will shift to 2nd sometimes it wont.

why is this?

also can it be removed with tuning?

KB-

The trucks computer will automatically shift into 2nd gear to protect the transmission. You shouldnt up or downshift a automatic transmission unless you have a reverse manual valve body. Doing so will only damage the transmission and shorten its life. A auto trans is meant to put into Drive unless you are going up a steep hill, or a downgrade and need to keep a constant speed without damaging the brakes. Tuning it is not an option. If you want to downshift, upshift, put a manual trans in it.

Muggs I'm just trying to hurt my transfer case so I can ask you to help me!

hahaha, sorry bro I had to crack a joke....

hey I can say this, That new transfer case looks badass! too bad you'll be the only one that will ever see it.

well... you and who ever helps you put it in,

I'd help ya out but I'm crippled and talk too much anyway. :freak:

KB-

Edited by K.Brown Customs (see edit history)

Yes the tune can be set up so that the trans does not shift into 2nd when the shifter is put in 1st. And the transgo shift kit will also allow you to select any gear and hold that gear. A negative of the transgo kit is that if you are driving normal and manually shift to 1st, the trans will shift down no matter the speed.

Don't worry about how he uses his truck, I'm sure he is well aware of the consequences of holding a gear to long or manually shifting down at to high of a speed. He asked if it can be done, and it can.

He asked and I was telling if he does it what can come of it. I dont want to see anyone burn up there trans. No need to get your panties in a bunch, having a bad day?

He asked and I was telling if he does it what can come of it. I dont want to see anyone burn up there trans. No need to get your panties in a bunch, having a bad day?

Once again, I'm sure he know the consequences of his actions. Hell, it might even last him longer than anybody else's trans driving it that way. As for the transmission burning up, its a risk taken as soon as one starts modding their vehicle, are you going to stop them from modding now, since they will now be putting their transmission at risk?

Thats ridiculous. Im not going to ruin his thread by going back and forth and wasting my time with you. I gave him my advice and opinion and Im leaving it at that. A forum is for advice and opinions, you got worked up right from the start.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)