3/4 belltech now, want to go 1/2 or 2/2. What's involved?

PropJob

I bought this truck a few months ago and it had the drop on it already. It's a belltech 3/4: spindles/turned torsions front, hangers/shakles rear. This is how it was described when I bought it. I really don't know what this means as this is my first truck and have always been a car guy until this one. I've found this product on summit: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bel-677sp/overview/make/chevrolet/model/silverado-1500/year/2005, is this what I'll need or is there an easier way to go about it since I already have some stuff? Can you guys learn me something. Thanks, Alex.

Edited by PropJob (see edit history)

Turn your torsion keys back up, this is free and will make it rode back to factory quality. Also, find some hangers for the rear fom a stock truck, then sell your drop hangers. Shouldnt cost you anything to take it back up and ride better.... well maybe some new shocks.

It basicly changing the front lower control arms front and rear shocks then when you look under the truck the 2 metal rods that run on the inside of the frame rail the key are in that cross member it's a ride height thing and finally the rear shackles and hangers are what mounts the leaf spring to the truck,hangers are toward the front and shackles in the rear

I can swap parts with ya my factory for your drop?? Food for thought?

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Yea I'm wanting to raise it up a bit. I've done some searching and haven't found any how too's. I'd say I have average to slightly above average mechanical abilities but is there a picture thread anywhere that I've overlooked?

It basicly changing the front lower control arms front and rear shocks then when you look under the truck the 2 metal rods that run on the inside of the frame rail the key are in that cross member it's a ride height thing and finally the rear shackles and hangers are what mounts the leaf spring to the truck,hangers are toward the front and shackles in the rear

I can swap parts with ya my factory for your drop?? Food for thought?

If he has belltech spindles, there wouldn't be any difference in his and your control arms.

All you need to do is crank up the torsion bars, since you said they were turned down. Also take your leaf hangers off and replace them with the factory ones.

Lets start with the front. You need to tigten up the torsion keys and slap in the belltech sp shocks

rear You can actaully put the rear shackle to the lower hole that will raise the truck or I have 1 inch lifting shackles that would raise the back of the truck 3 inches higher than what your at now orrrrrrrrrrrr you can put stock shackles back in rear that would lift the truck up 2 inches.

Rear then you add belltech sp shocks.

If you did 4 shocks would be 225 shipped which beats summit price if you have any other questions just shoot. I deal with belltech and djm daily.

Ok so the hanger bolts to the front of the leaf and the shackle to the rear. Each one is giving me 2" for a 4" total in the rear. Going back to stock on either one would give me the 2" below stock rear stance I'm looking for. Is there an advantage to replacing one over the other? I'm AWD and Procharged, so would either way be better performance wise?

Ok so the hanger bolts to the front of the leaf and the shackle to the rear. Each one is giving me 2" for a 4" total in the rear. Going back to stock on either one would give me the 2" below stock rear stance I'm looking for. Is there an advantage to replacing one over the other? I'm AWD and Procharged, so would either way be better performance wise?

Yes hanger to the front and shackle to the rear

its much easier to put in the rear stock shackle to lift the rear up 2 inches or you can move it to the lower rear hole on the shackle for a 1 inch lift.

heres what I would do if you were my customer

1) lift up the front keys

2) once front keys are lifted measure the truck from ground to fenderlip all around

3) if the front comes up a little higher than the rear then move the rear bolt one hole down will lift up one inch

4) change front/rear belltech shocks to belltech sps

performance wise its the same reguardless but you dont want the back of the truck to sit up way higher than the front. usually 1/2 inch rake looks perfect and remember the pass side rear sits up higher in many cases do to the driver side sitting lower because of gas tank. It would be nothing abnormal to use a stock shackle on the drivers side rear and keep the 1 inch drop on the pass side shackle to keep the truck sitting even.

On the 6400's can I just mount the shackle in the next hole down or can they only be mounted in the top hole?

Edit: Nevermind. I think it all makes sense to me now. Those belltech 6400's are sold as 2" shackles but can be mounted in either hole for a 1" or 2" drop. It looks like I'll just be going with a 2/3 then since it won't cost me a dime, then if I'm still wanting the 2/2 I'll find some stockers. Thanks for all the help guys.

Edited by PropJob (see edit history)

no prob like i said you can move the shackle down to lower hole. If the truck still has the gm lean (which I hate) you can try to adjust front keys to keep it as even as you can then slap in stock shackle on left rear.

prob 75 percent of the sss ive lowred in almost 10 years pass rear is at higher hole and driver side is on lower shackle hole so sits even.