7 Pin trailer no power??

Im trying to find why my 7 pin trailer wiring doesnt have any power going to it. I have two red hot wires that are connected at the fuse box under the hood. I installed the 40 Amp fuse and both red wires that are hooked up at the fuse box are hot all the time now. But I am not getting power at the rear factory trailer wires that go to the 7 pin harness. I have checked every wire with a test light with the key forward and off and have no power back there.

Anyone have a idea as to what Im missing?? Im trying to hook up a bed light and want to tap into the trailer hot wire to power the light so I dont have to have my parking lights on to turn the light on.

Can get pics if need be of the fuse panel, and the rear 7 pin harness.

All other mini fuses for trailer lights etc are good. I tested both Hot red wires in the fuse panel and both are hot at all times. But still no power to the Positive pin at 7 pin hook up. The black wire should be 12 Volt constant when the fuse is in place, and it has no power.

Sometimes the lead wire that goes to the trailer 7 pin isn't connected at the fuse stud. Remove the plastic shroud around the fuse box and see if there isn't a loose wire there that should be connected to the stud

Both studs have a red Hot wire connected to them. The only thing that wasnt in place was the 40 Amp fuse, The one stud closest to the firewall was live all the time, the other stud at the front of the truck had no power until I installed the fuse. Now both wires are constant, but still nothing at the rear of the plug.

Mine didn't work one time and I'm wanting to say it was a blown fuse in the kick panel.

I will check that and report back.

Here is the fuse panel and both hot wires connected and getting constant power. There is a fuse missing as I used it for the trailer, it was a Blower fuse.

DSCN2564.jpg

The very top right pin is the black wire that should be hot once the 40 Amp fuse is in place. I even checked every single tab and nothing.

DSCN2565.jpg

Diagram showing what should be constant...

DSCN2566.jpg

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

The towing package was a option. Some trucks came with the towing package and brake controller wiring harness like mine, some came with just the wiring by itself, or nothing at all.

I should have power at the 7 pin socket that you connect the trailer wiring too,but I dont. If i were to hook up a trailer and plug it into my 7 pin connector, I wouldnt have trailer lights or trailer brakes.