ignition source

Vette.SSS.SHO2

I asked a similar question a while back, I have a more specific request now, does anyone know where is the best place to tap into an ignition wire which is on in run and start preferably, or acc, run, and start as a backup. I'm looking for an ignition signal which doesn't turn off while the engine is cranking.

how hard was it to match up the TBSS fogs into out lower grill and wiring?

The install wasn't too bad. I didn't know that the SS had fog light wiring in place when i did this or I probably would have tried to use it. but instead I just ran my own wires. the fog lights are the Blazer International ones, they are the stock fog lights from my Corvette, although I bought a new set after I made sure they would work since the vette's were in bad shape after many highway miles. the replacements I bought from TRS, they might be the same ones the TBSS uses also, I'm not sure. they seem to be found on lots of GM vehicles. but the way these particular projectors narrow towards the rear made them a perfect fit on the SS. the fogs that I have now on the Vette are hella micro DE's, that was my first plan but they never would have fit.

if you remove the lower grill you'll see parts of the metal bumper occupying much of the same space where the fog lights were, I cut off the back half of the fog light mounting brackets and rotated them so they'd mount to a vertical surface, then they mount to the front of that member. the lights fit so perfectly in front/below the metal bumper i couldn't have planned it better myself. to finish off the installation I used some bezels from TRS. cut the holes in the lower grill, painted the bezels flat black and installed them around the lights so they would cover the cuts to the plastic mesh material. looks really nice.

inside are 35W 6000k hids, these projectors have a very nice cutoff to them. I still have a little bit of adjusting to do to aim them perfectly. I'm thinking about making some new brackets which offer more precise alignment features.