Taillight wiring color for power and ground.

I gave up on the trailer wiring and am just going to use the taillight wiring for my bed light. I have checked every single wire when the lights are on with my test light and not one of them shows power.

What color wires are for power and ground....

I know that... I'm looking for what color wire is ground and power to the taillights. The taillights work, blinkers, stop, running lights. But when I check the wires for a positive with my test light, the test light gets no power. The running lights are on and the test light is grounded.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Instead of tapping into wires can you run a couple new wires off the fuse panel to the back? Might be easier

That was my last option, I figured I would try to use one of the taillights for power instead of running 20 foot of wire for one 12 inch light. It just urks me why I can't find power at the taillights when they work like they should.

That's what I don't get, everything works but I can't seem to find the 12 volt source in the taillight wiring. I gave up on the trailer wiring as I have to install a special trailer harness to even get power to the trailer plug, which is why I figured I would get the power from the taillights.