Throttle body problems

arod6692

Hey guys im having some issues with my throttle body. I took a extra throttle body i had at my shop and port and polished it. It is the exact same tb on my truck of course check all numbers and everything ahead of time. But anyways i put the new pp tb on my truck and now my truck will not recognize it even being there like its unpluged and throws the reduced engine power code. Is there anything i can do to reset the ecm to recognize the new tb. thanks for the help.

Try clearing the code, reduced engine power makes it so the throttle can only open just a bit. If that doesn't fix it there may be a problem with the throttle body connector or its a bad throttle body possibly but that's unlikely.

I had the battery unconnected Ive tried clearing the codes ive tried to relearn the tb sensor but that's only compatible on 06 and up i believe my computer said. Ive tried resetting the computer. Tried everything and yeah end result was putting the stock tb back on. idk what else to do now besides pp the stock tb on my truck.

What exactly did you do to the throttle body? Can you post up a pic. Ported and polished? I've done a couple and no problems. I didn't disconnect the battery either.

i have one on my truck Jason did, and it works perfect

Its not even really about the pp now its just winning the battle of this damn truck.lol but i think it just got to do with the the tb wasnt the one that came on it from the factory. im just gonna pp the on that came my truck.