Steering Column Gauge Pod

MID12sSSS

Got my new Summit Racing Magazine in this week. Was sittin on the shitter and grabbed the mag for some reading material. Got about have way through and found a steering column gauge pod that fits 2003 silverado SS's. Not quite sure why it stops at '03. Is there a differences in steering columns between '03 and '04-'07? Anyway, heres the link if your interested. I might pick one up. I was gonna take down my dual A-pillar for a triple, but ill probably go with this instead. And its only $32!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-15007/applications/make/chevrolet/year/2003/model/silverado-1500/submodel/ss

Nice find but I am not feeling it, I think it would get in the way of reading your gauges.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ah. Didnt think about that. I looked back at idahoBLKss's for sale thread, cuz he has one on his truck, and i guess it does look like itd get in the way a little. Scroll down to his interior pics and you'll see one installed, or atleast one like it.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/79362-2004-black-silverado-ss-awd-procharged-and-n20/

yeah i got one but it had to be modded to fit 04 + . i had to boil it in water to soften the plastic to mold it to the 04+ shape and then melt the hole around the hazards light to fit it. it doesnt really get to much in the way it kinda blocks off the 100 mph area on the speedo a lil bit but im pretty tall also .

i would defiantly recommend it i love the look , its unique ! it does take some work to get it to fit right , so if your up to the challenge do it! keep in mind the picture in my forsale ad is holding the camera low to get the shot threw the steering wheel , you actually look down at the gauge , your eyes are not level with the dash like in that pic ... well i would hope your not that short lol.

Haha ya like that? Im advirtising your truck for ya too. :jester:

Mine is an '03 so i shouldnt have a problem getting it to fit right. Unless all SSS's have to do the hot soak and bend technique and summit's application sheet is full of crap. But it says its bolt on for '00-'03. Ill probably give it a shot for $32.00

I gotta order some header wrap and plug socks anyways.

Yeah. I put 2003 1500 submodel SS and it said it would fit. But ill find out for sure when it shows up. If i have to, ill do the same thing you did. It looked okay after you installed it? No gaps or issues?

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

If your concerned with it being on the right side, they do make a left side guage mount one, Atleast your speedo wouldnt be partially blocked. I am going to go the Left mount route when I get my blower. Amazon has them as well, and they offer the left or right mount versions.

If your concerned with it being on the right side, they do make a left side guage mount one, Atleast your speedo wouldnt be partially blocked. I am going to go the Left mount route when I get my blower. Amazon has them as well, and they offer the left or right mount versions.

same price range roughly?