4 link/coil over

chawkins6789

^^^im with him, helper bags are hands down the way to go. that way you can set up the suspension a bit lower with no/very little air to say, as low as youd ever consider when not towing/hauling. that way, if you ever wish it was a bit higher or like it used to be, add some air and your back to that height. and obviously the advantage of load leveling with really ANY payload is a huge plus too. my SSS is dropped 3.5/4.5 and i tow over 13,000-15,000 lbs with it at least twice a week, with a payload/tongue of at least twice what its rated for.

but what Norcal said is IDEAL, will not just feel more like a car without a harsh ride but will tow and haul worlds better :cheers:

Can't vouch for using helper bags but I do know that when you build a link setup on any vehicle you figure your ride height and build around that. If I were you, I'd build it so you can move your coilovers up or down so when you're not towing you can level it out. If you need to tow/haul, lift the truck, not the axle and you can adjust the mounting heights with just a few bolts. It makes the install a little more complicated but nothing major.

i think what he was suggesting with the bags would be instead of the trouble/expense of fabricating a coilover setup. it is nice that coilovers offer the full adjustable like your saying, but you would have to get under the truck, get the truck off its weight just to adjust the height for towing. thats why i said +1 for the helper bags, you can do it from the drivers seat :)