i know this is a long shot but o well im sure someone has to know

built04SS

OK welllllll i know this is a sss site but I'm sure some of u gear heads will know lol but here it goes i got a 04 ford f150 4.6 auto and this will be the #3 transmission going in it since i bought it new and every time I've had it rebuilt they last about a month and go out again... does anyone know anybody that makes a good rebuilt kit for these things with after market hard parts like the od clip etc I'm tired of rebuilding trans every year its getting aggravating

I used to work with a guy who's previous job was x-raying very large items for JPL/Rocketdyne. Sometimes they were contracted by other businesses that needed x-rays of various things and Ford was one of them. I don't remember when he said it happened but, Ford had him X-ray a couple hundred transmissions. The found a flaw somewhere in a majority of the transmissions but it was determined that it was cheaper to deal with the problems later than to go through every transmission. Gotta love Ford Quality

I would hate to be honest but these ma and pa tranny shops so called local shops you walk in thinking this is a transmission shop they should be able to rebuild a tranny and you would think that you would not have a problem until the mileage you had on the tranny when it went the first time you know it went at 140,000 then the rebuild should last 140,000 but nope 3rd rebuild later and the guy just says I have no clue why it's not holding up I guess u can rent a building and hang a sign that says transmission shop but if you can't rebuild a transmission that can't last at least 5 years then it time to find a new job

Ive had 2 good people build it that does all my other trans and never had a problem out of my other ones.... just this ford one but someone at for told me today that the case or something was bad in them and it was to much of a hasel to put a recal on all the ones that were in the batch and no mater how many time u fix it it isnt going to last long soooooo guess ima buy a new one