2wd track setup! need help

ryanneugebauer95

so zippy is about to send me my tuned pcm, and when that gets here i will install my injectors and the truck will finally be done. im going to go to the track as soon as i can which will probably be not this weekend but the next. ive only been to the track with a stock converter and no cam.. i cant get this thing to hook on the street for the life of me now with the 3200. my last runs were 14.56 @ 94 with a 2.1 60ft.. it bogged out of the hole bad. my tune was pretty terrible and now i switched to zippy. i dont know what kind of times to expect, or how to get this thing to hook. my nitto 420s didnt spin at all when i heated them up at the track but they werent aired down at all i had i think 35 pounds in em. my cam and stall specs are in my sig. i just need to know how to make this bitch hook up! any help would be appreciated guys!

If its a good track and peeped right your not gonna have a prob it shouldn't spin a lot diff then the road. Just try a couple diff ways to level try one time off idle and try a couple small stall ups. My truck leaves hard at 2500. We have basically the same set up. Put about 32lbs in your tires and you shouldn't have a prob leaving.

I can kinda give it like half throttle right off the line and then just bury the pedal right after and it hooks pretty well.. I'm just wanting to get a good time ad I can air my tires down and air them back up for the drive home. I might try to get a set of dr's. what size should I try to get? I can get 2 17s pretty cheap I just need to get some tires for em. What are you running fireman? And do they hook pretty good?

I run 28" M&H Racemaster drag radials, 275-50R17 on 17" steel Cragars. They hook good as long as you get them hot enough in the burnout box and the track is well prepped. Don't be fooled, you can still blow off a set of DR's off the line, i've done it many times. Next step for me is a set of slicks or ET streets....

You can see them in my sig pic below.....

Edited by Fireman31
: poor spelling, DOH! (see edit history)