Advice for making 500+ RWHP

As my truck sits, I have 325 HP to the wheels. Its a stock LQ9 with CAI, cat-back, and a slightly aggressive tune. Still running the 4L60E that came from the factory. I am looking into the FLT Level 5. That will be done before I add any more power. I am in California and still need to pass emissions testing. I also am running 3.42's until I get a new daily.

I am thinking of a TVS1900. Because I do like to tow. But after that I don't know where to look. 550 at the wheels is what I want but the goal is over 500.

So what do I need to look into besides stroking to 408? That's on the list but not high on priority unless it will get me close to the same gains as a TVS1900.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I'm sure you could make a lot more power going 408 than putting on a supercharger that being heads included. It all depends on how much money you wanna spend. As we all know it gets expensive.

The easiest way to make the power you want without having to build a motor and using a blower, would be getting a good set of cylinder heads, cam, intake manifold. The blower with stock boost will push you well over the 400 mark. A good set of heads and cam by itself you can see gains of up to 475 or so depending on drive ability that you want.

Like said above, how much you plan to spend also plays a part in this. All of my heads, cam, blower vehicles made over 600 to the tire.

Before you start buying things, it would be beneficial to speak with a engine builder to insure the heads, cam etc will work together and make good power with the blower to reach your goal.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Have you had it dyno'd to prove the 325?

If you are stock I really doubt you have 325 to the wheels.

Yes I have. It was dyno'd when the engine swap was done. I didn't do the swap. A shop in town that is a sponsor on LS1tech did.

This is a slow build. Nothing is being rushed. So I am just buying parts when I can. That's why I am asking. I need to figure out what I'm going to need.

Pics of the truck on dyno

2012-11-30_14-30-53_207.jpg

2012-11-30_14-30-43_963.jpg

ChristopherHawkinsLQ9Sierra.jpg

Edited by chawkins6789 (see edit history)

OK. So your running a P1SC at 5 psi. I want to run a roots style. So I was thinking TVS1900, cam, heads, and bassani headers. Or a cam, heads, stroke, and bassani headers. Either way it will get a stroke and a supercharger but the order is different. Its a long slow project so no rush but if like to get a parts list going. A TVS2300 was mentioned, do they make it in cathedral port? I also need to look proper because I do have to pass California emissions testing. I also intend to take to the track after the first large mod whether it be the stroke or a supercharger. It will be on track and a tow slut. Not heavy loads, about 4000 lbs Max.

Why do you prefer roots? IMO if your stuck on roots I would just go with a KB.

Yea I was on 5 lbs,headders, full exhaust, e-fans, plugs, 180* t-stat, and the P1. I made 449rwhp and 476ftlbs. I have a pic of the numbers but its a pic of the screen with the numbers on it.