1st-2nd gear kick

This seems to happen after driving it for some time. I've had it for close to 2 years now, and I usually drive it in town and to work which is a 60 mile both ways commute.

And the first time I noticed it was about a year ago when I took +200 mile drive and when getting back home I noticed the kick. But after I turn it off and let it sit, the kick seems to go away. I did acouple other 200 mile drives in the last 2 months and I noticed the same thing. And now it seems to be doing it after 30miles when I get to work or home from work. Still shifts but annoying, I assuming electrical or converter. Any thoughts?

I'll run the codes tomarrow, I think it may of threw a transmission code once but don't remember it.

Fireman It does slam into 2nd and about 110k miles

And codes are p0455 which I've been trying to get rid of for some time. I already added a new gas gap, and changed out that evap part by the fuel tank. Went away for a bit and came back.

The other one is P0694 which is apparently a fan realy, I haven't noticed and heating issues. But any ideas of what needs to be changed out.

When was the last time you serviced the trans fluid and filter? My trans started doing the same thing every once and awhile, took it to the dealer since it had warranty and they found it would only do it sometimes. They ended replacing the trans after looking into more and finding clutch packs were stating to fail. Then the tech installed a new tune from a newer silverado in the truck and never had the problem again.

So a new trans was the solution.

Haven't serviced it. Wondering If it's even worth it to do at this point. I have a BS warranty I bought from the dealer I got my truck from. But I know how those warranty/insurance companies are. But I guess I could give that a try.

So a new trans was the solution.

Haven't serviced it. Wondering If it's even worth it to do at this point. I have a BS warranty I bought from the dealer I got my truck from. But I know how those warranty/insurance companies are. But I guess I could give that a try.

Yea the new trans fixed it.

Edit

Sorry the 2nd code is p0894 not p0694.

I cleared up the codes 2 days ago and ran it. Paid the tags and went down to a shop a buddy works at said wth let's see if it's ready to be smogged (since the CEL light has always been on for that P0455), he scanned and brought up those 2 codes as being on there last. So no lights on at the time so he smogged it and passed. Within 30 miles the CEL light comes back on and the kick into 2nd also after getting off the highway.

Edited by BLOWN SS/T (see edit history)