costly doe

tayldss

Well last week it was snowing/blowing cold and a doe jumped out in front of me. Hit it square in the rear with my license plate before I could even get on the brakes. Thankfully I was going slow and have insurance to cover it.

It took me 20 minutes to find my license plate and shove the brake duct and driving light back in place. Doesn't look that bad until I got the damage list. With parts and labor the quote came to almost $4500.

At least it stayed below the hood! Truck is in the shop now and should have it back Friday.

post-18170-0-98248000-1360077887_thumb.jpg

post-18170-0-53568100-1360077982_thumb.jpg

Dude that price seems way high!

Did the dear really damage your headlights, or your transmission cooler, or your AC condenser? Does not look like to me, looks like all you need is a new bumper, SS cover, new grill and a little paint and body work. I dont think thats $4500 worth of Damage, but Im not an expert.

I know the truck wasn't leaking anything but they said the oil cooler was bent from who knows what.

The headlight housing was cracked and the brackets inside were all smashed. It looked pretty good after I shoved the light back in there, but it is broken and sitting in there loose.

Damages were around $3k in parts and somewhere over $1k in labor. The dealer I bought the truck from is a preferred service location for my insurance company so all I had to do was drop it off to get written up and fixed.

Zero deductible - insurance finally paying off.

In the meantime, I had been stuck with driving a 15passenger Ford E350 van over the weekend. Just yesterday, they swapped me over to a Mazda3. that van sucked gas like no other