Tune?

I am really starting to wonder if my truck has some sort of computer or tune on it. I have had my truck for about 7 months now. Saturday I drove up to Baltimore from Norfolk. On I-64 I see in my mirrors this corvette z06 and this white 99-04 gt mustang fly up quickly. So I quickly put the pedal to the floor. I was doing about 65. They went by me but I very quickly caught up and passed the gt like he was standing still. And he was on it hard. Z06 was a good ways away already and when he saw me coming up he slowed down. I got to his back bumper and slowed down. He jumped and so did I. Now the thing that got me was he didn't pull me. I stayed my ground until my speed limiter stopped me at 110. Then he pulled away. But until that point he never got a car on me. So I slowed back down and the gt mustang got beside me. I heard him downshift. I could tell he had exhaust of some sort and I would presume other bolt on. We drop to about 60 and take off.well 60 as most of you know shifts down and I get a car on him right off the bat. And didn't slow down from there. By the time I hit my limiter again he was probably 15 cars behind me. Well I caught back up with the z06. And he had gotten back into it. It was clear that he had me so we both slowed down. I got up next to him and he gave me a thumbs up and had a look of shock on his face. I was shocked as well.

So how can I possibly tell if this thing has a tune. As far as I know the only thing that is done is a drop in knn and that's it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good question. Usually people do a tune and take the speed limiter off. You remember what rpms you shifted at? You might have a freak that just runs really good. Sounds like it runs great either way. Make them scratch there head lol.

Mine is shifting hard I think tranny is going out again what is it suppose to shift at for 2nd gear under normal acceleration I have a heavy foot but don't floor it (at least not always lol)

Are you sure all you have is a tune ?

Edited by xxssmaniacxx (see edit history)

Mine is shifting hard I think tranny is going out again what is it suppose to shift at for 2nd gear under normal acceleration I have a heavy foot but don't floor it (at least not always lol)

under normal driving mine always under 2k when intown driving just crusing

Yes the gt was definitely racing. He was in it HARD. It was definitely a v8 as well. As stated he definitely had exhaust and I would presume some other bolt ons. The z06 could have possibly not downshifted. I couldn't hear his exhaust. So couldn't tell you. It was pretty stock looking. But the mustang. No he got spanked and spanked bad.

See this is what I am not sure of. Do I have a tune or not. And my truck shifts at 5800. And I agree when people typically do tunes they shut the limiter off or at least increase it. We have tunnels here in va beach area and there was another instance of WTF. Going up a tunnel yet again on a roll I pulled a hemi charger. And this was going uphill. By the time I let off he was probably 5 or 6 cars behind me.

I am confused. Do I have a freak or am I missing something.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2