87 oct.??

so ik prolly gunna stir some people up with this. ik any high performance car/truck should run is 91oct or better. i personally use 93oct it has 10%ethonal thats the best we can get here in BF IA. but here comes my question or i guess thought that one of my buddys asked....what are cons or pros if any to say using 87oct gas with some sort of octange booster. in a vehciel that recommends perium gas.

cause 87 around here is ethonal free

Octane booster is a joke if it say will increase your octane by 10 points it 1 point. 7 points will make it 87.7 octane complete waste of money. It says supreme unleaded for a reason. Tell hims what's the extra 25 cents a gallon like 4$ lol

Some engines require the use of premium fuel due to the fact that they have higher compression. The LQ9 in these trucks has 10.08:1 compression, The use of any grade of fuel lower than 91 octane will result in knock, ping, detonation, and decreased fuel mileage. Premium fuel is recommended for a reason, it's in your trucks and your best interest to use it....