2004 burb awd

Hey guys and gals, I found a 2004 suburban with the AWD system. First off, does anyone know if this is the same system/setup as the SS? I got good deal on it because the front differiential needs rebult. The truck has about 120k on ODO, and everything else seems to be solid. What would you recommend replacing/servicing aside from the usual oil, tranny filter, radiator flush? What is everyone using on their front diff rebult as far as part brands go. This is my first AWD vehicle, any help would be much appreciated. I have some new BFG AT's mounted on Mickey thompson 17' to throw on it, people have told me rotating tires is important with an AWD vehicle. Thanks, Rob

i looked into this for a member a few months ago ill see if i can find the thread on it there are certian systems that will match but 90% wont its based off sales code.... and the burb it came off CANT have a selector(like 2wd,4hi,4lo) it has to be ALL-TIME AWD... get me the vin off your truck and the vin off the burb and i can tell ya for sure if it will or wont

found that thread its was a t-case he needed but still has same basic info

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/78790-will-a-transfer-case-from-an-02-denali-fit-my-03-sss-awd/

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

The Suburban never came in AWD at least in 2004 so if it is a true AWD then it was done by the previous owner.

Supposedly GM made a special edition Suburban in 2006 with AWD and the LQ4 6.0L, but I have never heard anything about and AWD suburban before or after that.

The Suburban never came in AWD at least in 2004 so if it is a true AWD then it was done by the previous owner.

Supposedly GM made a special edition Suburban in 2006 with AWD and the LQ4 6.0L, but I have never heard anything about and AWD suburban before or after that.

X2 never seen a Suburban with AWD unless its just the Auto 4x4 your referring too.

Other things to check....

Belts & Hoses

Belt Tensioners

T-Stat & housing(replace)

Battery

Replace T-case and rear differential fluids

Brake fluid flush

Check brakes/brake hoses for cracks/rot

Replace spark plugs/wires(if original)

Clean MAF and TB

Air Filter

thanx fellas, I just paid the dealer and dropped it off at the Chevrolet dealership to have the front diff rebuilt and an alignment...a total of around $1500. It's definately not the same as the auto 4x4 tahoes and silverados Ive test drive before. Its awd, and there is a selection for low, which locks all four in. It has pretty much all the bell and whistles except for the rear dvd and sun roof. I'll post some pictures up as soon as possible. I go to pick it up on friday if all goes well. I'm excited, because ive never had a nbs burb/tahoe before. I've had 4 4x4 nbs silverados, and 3 nbs 2wd silverado's, but never something with so many options. Thanks again for all the help gents, Rob

I thought the 06 Suburban LTZ was a LQ9. I knew it was AWD and came with chrome SS 20's

• 3 weeks later...