How many of you have....

Down under

My brother got a Denali not to long ago, rides smooth and all looks sharp. He just added 22" stock replicas and tint on all sides. I tried to convince him to supercharge right away and he almost did, but his excuse not to was that he didn't want it to waste more fuel lol I told him you already started with the wrong truck for that job.

But he loves it, he just carries his kid with him.

My brother got a Denali not to long ago, rides smooth and all looks sharp. He just added 22" stock replicas and tint on all sides. I tried to convince him to supercharge right away and he almost did, but his excuse not to was that he didn't want it to waste more fuel lol I told him you already started with the wrong truck for that job.

But he loves it, he just carries his kid with him.

Cool looking to do the same, carry kids and all.

Looking for a travel trailer too

The main thing that makes the Denali better is the 6.2L. You can get the 6.2L in a Regualr Chevy CC LTZ but they are harder to find. Besides that there are not a ton of differences between the two.

Are you planning on getting a 2WD or 4WD? Because you can get the Denali in a 2WD or AWD, but living in LA you may not need a 4WD.

When I sold the SS, I got a 2011 Sierra Denali (1500). Mine is AWD, I have never seen a 2WD model on a dealer lot (not to say they don't exist, though). The 6.2 with the 6-speed automatic is awesome. Stock, it's faster than my SS with a tune and minor bolt-ons. The only thing I have done to it so far is to put on a Corsa exhaust. Stock was just too quiet. It is a great truck.

That all said, and you can ask just about anyone who has sold theirs, there was something about the SS that was unique. They catch your eye, they're not common. Something special. I like the Denali; I loved the SS.

post-9798-0-43444900-1360871696_thumb.jpg

post-9798-0-17501300-1360871803_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

The main thing that makes the Denali better is the 6.2L. You can get the 6.2L in a Regualr Chevy CC LTZ but they are harder to find. Besides that there are not a ton of differences between the two.

Are you planning on getting a 2WD or 4WD? Because you can get the Denali in a 2WD or AWD, but living in LA you may not need a 4WD.

Nope not staying in LA are you crazy? Too many mexicans there =p No really. Most of you guys forget that I live in Oz we are moving back to the states for a while. I have never owned a SSS but I had the Australian version. We are moving to Tennessee. Prolly dont need the AWD but I sure the hell love it.

I just bought my wife a Chevy cc 1500 ltz with the 6.2. We ordered it. I love that truck. It rides Awsome and has lots of power.

The crappy part if buying the Chevy. Which we wanted so we could take it out if 4x4. Is to get the 6.2 you have to get the max tow package. Which has the big tranny cooler and some other options which is nice, but with that tow package comes with 17" wheels and a "d" load range tire instead of a passenger rated tire. So if you want fancy factory wheels, talk to your dealer about swapping the stock wheels for some others. They always have the fancy wheels in stock to swap. I wanted some plain wheels for winter. Then something nice for the summer.

Good luck.

I just bought my wife a Chevy cc 1500 ltz with the 6.2. We ordered it. I love that truck. It rides Awsome and has lots of power.

The crappy part if buying the Chevy. Which we wanted so we could take it out if 4x4. Is to get the 6.2 you have to get the max tow package. Which has the big tranny cooler and some other options which is nice, but with that tow package comes with 17" wheels and a "d" load range tire instead of a passenger rated tire. So if you want fancy factory wheels, talk to your dealer about swapping the stock wheels for some others. They always have the fancy wheels in stock to swap. I wanted some plain wheels for winter. Then something nice for the summer.

Good luck.

That's a great idea