dropping the truck

CJ_978

ok guys, just going to need a little help, i originally wanted to do a 3/4 drop but i will also be doing some minor towing hear and there, so im guessing the 3/4 is out of the question.... but i do want to drop my truck a bit, but still be able to tow if i need to... i was talking to another member on here ( JC03SS ) and was telling me i can turn the keys down, and do 2 inch shackles... he mentioned they make 3 inch shackles.. so what are my options? can i do 3 inch shackles and turn the keys and level it out and still be able to tow if i needed to? just wanted to get a few opinions

Edited by CJ_978 (see edit history)

^^^ what these guys said. no reason you cant tow with a 3/4 drop. just browse around and call a few companies to see if anyone offers a rear shock with their drop kits that might be a bit more geared towards towing. like shawn suggested, the helper bag in the rear will be a huge help as well and make the ride and functionality for towing a lot better. Talk to Tony (norcalss), he's pretty well known for suspension stuff on here and tbssowners.com.

YES CJ!!!! Yes! This drop is gunna look so clean. I love your truck, make those wheels black with this drop and it'll be even nicer. Do the drop right though. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Maybe you'll go lower :) :) :)

thanks guys, and i kinda wanted to avoid bagging if i could... but it looks like if i wanted to do a 3/4 i would have to put the helper bags in,

what makes you not want to do a helper bag is it the cost or not wanting to mess around with having to install them?

depends how much weight you plan on towing. along with how the weight is distributed on the trailer. I have a 3/4 and have towed 5000+ lbs many times and i have yet to c-notch my frame. But My setup is 3/4 drop spindles with decranked tbars along with shackle hanger. Along with a notch ill be able to tow anything the truck can handle. But tongue weight plays a huge roll in towing. Setup the trailer right and you will never have an issue!

a little bit of both

gotcha. yeah so it really depends on what your budget is. what size tires and wheels will you be running? I know that with me being 3/4 and running 305/35/24s. the tires get pretty close to the wheel wells of the truck. but I have yet to rubs. but I do not tow either. but I do put my atv with all my gear and tools in the bed without any issues. but that doesn't weight close to what a trailer is. will you be running the stock SSS wheels or a different set of wheels. really depends on the offset if they are custom wheels. I just trimmed my rear bump stops so the the axle will come into contact with the bump stops before the tire touch's the box.

gotcha. yeah so it really depends on what your budget is. what size tires and wheels will you be running? I know that with me being 3/4 and running 305/35/24s. the tires get pretty close to the wheel wells of the truck. but I have yet to rubs. but I do not tow either. but I do put my atv with all my gear and tools in the bed without any issues. but that doesn't weight close to what a trailer is. will you be running the stock SSS wheels or a different set of wheels. really depends on the offset if they are custom wheels. I just trimmed my rear bump stops so the the axle will come into contact with the bump stops before the tire touch's the box.

im going to keep my stock 20's, and i have 275/55/20's... so i dont have to worry about rubbing or anything like that, i dont much about suspension so i been trying to do my homework, and asking question so see what my options are