Trans Servo's

So I'm trying to find out what may have caused my servo's to break the trans housing and come out the side of the trans?? Normal driving...maybe 45 or 50 mph.....it downshifted to pass a car in front of me and that was all she wrote....anyone seen this before or know what could have caused it?? It does have a Transgo HD-2 kit, and corvette and billet servos.

Had something similar happen to mine. Turned out to be from the retaining ring partially coming out of the groove. It didn't seat all the way because of some corrosion in the groove and I didn't clean it out. The servo got wedged in the bore and wouldn't come out. ......... New trans for me.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Common failure of not having the snap ring fully seated in the case. Im not beating down on someone but its a common issue with that snap ring. Specially with doing it in chassis its easy to think its seated. Sometimes its easy to think its seated on the bench too.

Good luck

I removed my billet servo as I couldn't get it to seat and have confidence in the clip holding. That f$cker got so jammed when I tried to removed it, I thought for sure i was going to break my housing.

I removed my billet servo as I couldn't get it to seat and have confidence in the clip holding. That f$cker got so jammed when I tried to removed it, I thought for sure i was going to break my housing.

Yeah not good. Its a good way to burn up the 2/4 band and even the reverse drum.

Snap ring would make sense if they hadn't been installed for about 3 years already.....or can it sometimes hold for a long time like it did? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very possible. Not saying installation was the issue here. Usually a snap ring issue if its an installation error occurs right away. Looks like the case just gave out. Not the first time specially with aftermarket servos

So I've been reading and it seems most people like doing the 4l80 upgrade over a 4l60 rebuild. Has anyone done it on a RWD yet, everything I finds is for you AWD guys? I know most of the stuff I won't need thats AWD specific, but I'm curious to what I WILL need. Does anyone know? Trying to get all the info I can because I really want to do this right the first time. Thanks for any help.

I think you might be jumping the gun a little bit. Although to answer you're recent question direct the 4L80 swap is a popular swap and has been done with RWD more than AWD I can bet. But with you're failure I really think it has you spooked.

Either way, I will let the 80 swag guys chime on on the swap. Plenty of info out there.

I can see it happening I've only done mine. I really took my time putting it back together. Brian also helped me out. If anyone on here knows about this stuff he does. It has to seat in there nice and tight in the grove.