2000 Camaro, What do you think?

Marzyn

What do you guys think about a 139k miles Camaro? Just looking for a fun but more-efficient-than-my-SSS car to use as a DD. I got the idea from another member that just bought the fbody style - http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/80076-finally-picked-up-a-dd/ Would be used for several years hopefully, would let me garage the SSS and keep the miles off of it.

I've always wanted a Camaro to play with, seems like roughly 3k$ is a decent deal but I'd love to hear some of your opinions. What should i ask the guy? Would anyone be able to run the VIN through a carfax etc?

This is the car in question: http://delaware.craigslist.org/cto/3645257018.html it's been for sale for a while, seems like there could be something wrong with it since that seems like a good price.

Forget the carfax even if you blow the engine up after beating on it throw a 2004 zo6 salvage engine in it and hold on check the front fender bolts to see if the front end has been swapped out if the bolt look untouched as the bolt and washers are still in the same place as the factory with no paint wear around the washers then you should be good if there is then there could be frame damage not good think of it like this it a body and parts are every where

Forget the carfax even if you blow the engine up after beating on it throw a 2004 zo6 salvage engine in it and hold on check the front fender bolts to see if the front end has been swapped out if the bolt look untouched as the bolt and washers are still in the same place as the factory with no paint wear around the washers then you should be good if there is then there could be frame damage not good think of it like this it a body and parts are every where

Hahaha good sentence. That took skill.

Not Bad ... But I kid you not ... Best DD out there is a 1998-2012 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor ...

I Bought mine for $3500.00 and ran the thing for 7 years!!!! It was a great reliable car. High miles it can handle. Parts are wicked cheap, as there are a few million of them produced.

I spent approximately $300.00 a year on maintenance, that included Tires, Brakes, Condensor and Oil Changes ...

If your not kicking it hard ... that 4.6L V8 will get you around 22mpg on the Highway.

Another bonus ... Drive in the fastlane .... everyone will get out of your way ... :thumbs:

Not Bad ... But I kid you not ... Best DD out there is a 1998-2012 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor ...

I Bought mine for $3500.00 and ran the thing for 7 years!!!! It was a great reliable car. High miles it can handle. Parts are wicked cheap, as there are a few million of them produced.

I spent approximately $300.00 a year on maintenance, that included Tires, Brakes, Condensor and Oil Changes ...

If your not kicking it hard ... that 4.6L V8 will get you around 22mpg on the Highway.

Another bonus ... Drive in the fastlane .... everyone will get out of your way ... :thumbs:

Haha good call. Did your Vic influence your sig. pic.? Never owned one myself. But whenever i see a Vic, it scares the crap out of me as im usually speeding.

Haha good call. Did your Vic influence your sig. pic.? Never owned one myself. But whenever i see a Vic, it scares the crap out of me as im usually speeding.

Nope ... But being in Law Enforcement for the last 16 years has ... :thumbs: ... Last 7 in Narcotics ...

I have to agree with the cv interceptor....I paid 4500 for mine and its been worth every penny!! It's a smooth car to drive and I get about 18mpg ...well not no more I have 24s on it lol (im ready for the bash),haha it's pretty much all murdered out besides the chrome 4s.

So far, I know it's a V6, automatic, non-smoking car with no accidents that he "knows" of. I think I'll be able to get a friend to run a carfax on it tomorrow. I'm going to go take a look at it tomorrow afternoon and see how it looks!

I'm pretty surprised how expensive the insurance is in comparison to my truck since it's got over 100k more miles and is 4 years older than my truck. It's only about 20$ more but I expected it to be much less!

I'll let you know how it goes :)