The truck I sold to a dealership turned out to be STOLEN..!?

GTRogers

I sold a truck a week or two ago to a Hyundai dealer ship, and the title and vin matched everything checked out good. I had the truck legally reigstered put in my name and everything.

Yet the dealership just called me saying that the trucks VIN # on the computer DID NOT match the one on the plate, which is bull shit. They told me the truck is stolen and they are having to go to the law to start a recovery process.

They say I might have to give back the 16,250$ I was paid for the truck, which is bull shit because I sold it to them fair and square, it is not my fault they did not do a further inspection.

So Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I know people have had their trucks STOLEN, but this is a rare issue.

Or does anyone know legally what could happen? I dont think I am liable for the charges, due to the fact that I bought a clear title that had a matching vin # I have all my receipts, and I even have the old plates and BILL OF SALE. I gave him the guys information I bought it from and theyre going to trace back the line of sellers.

PLEASE HELP ME. I cant afford 16,250$... I DONT HAVE IT!

I wouldn't worry about it they made a mistake somewhere. I'm sure it wasn't stolen. They are stupid. Go along with them for now. But it would show if it was. You can sell a stolen vehicle which means you couldn't have bought it like that.

Some had changed the VIN# plate and updated the title and not the vin in the truck. I am not sure, but I told him to check the frame VIN. If its the same as the plate than the computer was swapped with one from a junker or something, because it would be way to much trouble to change the frame.

I dont have the money, I bought another vehicle. I need some serious posts here, were talking about losing 16,250$ not 1500$

i thought you had the money I was saying that so they could not go into your bank and take the money I was serious not laughing

I would just try to relax for now. They dealer is just trying to thrown there weight around. I'm sure the the police will get down to the bottom of it. The PCM was probably removed from a stolen truck and sold online or at a wrecking yard.