alternator question

mando28

if im installing electric fans in my truck would it be better if i get a stronger alternator? i also have a system with about 6000w

what is the difference if i get a stronger alternator? i mean performance ways?

and what alternator would you put if you were me?

i have an 03 sss

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard bad things about iraggi and another company called excessive amperage. I would go dc power, mechman, mike singer. With a system like that you should deff look into atleast a second battery if not 3 total.

You shouldn't see any performance loss in horsepower numbers if that's what you mean. HO alternator is the same just with better internals to give you more output. If any loss, its very minimal.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

I have a DC Power Engineering 300 SPX alternator. 300 amps at about a cruising speed. I don't have electric fans but its on my list of things to do. I also only have a small system put usually have all 3 power ports in use and one running an inverter. It works pretty good and looks great

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Heard bad things about iraggi and another company called excessive amperage. I would go dc power, mechman, mike singer. With a system like that you should deff look into atleast a second battery if not 3 total. You shouldn't see any performance loss in horsepower numbers if that's what you mean. HO alternator is the same just with better internals to give you more output. If any loss, its very minimal. Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

im more scared that the system will suck all the power and something will happens to the fans like a short or something.

i drive from vegas to LA a lot and the last thing i need is my truck overheating on my way there.

thats y im also thinking if i should put the electric fans on, nothing is wrong with the fans from my 03 i would just prefer the electric ones

Heard bad things about iraggi and another company called excessive amperage. I would go dc power, mechman, mike singer. With a system like that you should deff look into atleast a second battery if not 3 total. You shouldn't see any performance loss in horsepower numbers if that's what you mean. HO alternator is the same just with better internals to give you more output. If any loss, its very minimal. Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

im more scared that the system will suck all the power and something will happens to the fans like a short or something.

i drive from vegas to LA a lot and the last thing i need is my truck overheating on my way there.

thats y im also thinking if i should put the electric fans on, nothing is wrong with the fans from my 03 i would just prefer the electric ones

I have a DC Power Engineering 300 SPX alternator. 300 amps at about a cruising speed. I don't have electric fans but its on my list of things to do. I also only have a small system put usually have all 3 power ports in use and one running an inverter. It works pretty good and looks great Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

do you have any pics?

sounds nice!

Here is the 105 2012-11-08_13-36-16_514.jpg Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

yea thats the one i have the 105 one i think i need at least 200 i would feel better with the 300 one! cuz im just getting started with the mods