New owner. Need help. Problems after 2 days!

Guys I came to seek help. I was a previous owner of 2 Hemi Rams and and never had any issues.

I recently switched over to an '03 Arrival blue SS because I wanted to downsize in price and size and get into something more family friendly than my 2500Hd truck.

I bought the truck last week.

I drove the truck on Friday night for the first time without any issues. I drove it again Sunday and while driving for about 2 minutes it shuts down, throws engine light and reads "Reduced Power Mode"

I obviously checked everything out and saw no major concerns. I start back up and it's okay but still shows Chk engine light. I turned it back off and googled it from my phone. I read some info on it and drove away.

I started the truck back up this morning, drove about 5 minutes and same thing.

I'm not overall happy with the truck and realized it would take some getting used to but than this happened and now i'm pretty upset?

What should I look for?

thanks

That issue could be several things. Your pedal, your throttle body, or the harness going to the throttle body. YouTube it and there is this country boy that has a tutorial on how to pin point that engine code issue and walks through the procedure. When that code came on you had absolutely no acceleration right?

Y did the same thing but that was because it had a safe limit on my tune.(I was running lean and my tuner did it so I didn't blow my truck up). Nice guy cause I got it 3 times in a 2 week span.lol GL

Sent from my 4G Razor

mibe did the same thing but that was because it had a safe limit on my tune.(I was running lean and my tuner did it so I didn't blow my truck up). Nice guy cause I got it 3 times in a 2 week span.lol GL

Sent from my 4G Razor

Sent from my 4G Razor

Thanks again guys. I was freaking out at first. I called the previous owner and he fessed up that it had happened to him also. He said at the dealer they said it needed a throttle body but the guy didn't get it fixed. I went to the You tube link and watched the guy show the fix. I have a funny feeling that going to help me out here. My truck did it in the same situation. Light throttle up hill. The truck runs fine other than that. Hopefully I can get this straight because the truck is growing on me.

I'm going to get with a buddy later to run the codes. That should tell the tale of what I have.

I still have to make an intro thread because I might be here for a while.

Welcome Justin. :cheers:

Bummer that you had trouble before you had a chance to bond with the truck. They will grow on you if you get a little trouble free time with it.

Sounds like you may be onto the problem but I'll throw out the first thing that popped into my mind when I read your post.

The only time my check engine light has come on was after I had refueled and failed to tighten the gas cap to the point where it "ratchets". (This wasn't the first time I had fueled the truck, either, just got careless and didn't tighten it enough)

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted out quickly and cheaply.

1516 is the same code as the guy on you tube. He found his harness wire to be disconnected. I doubt as though I'd be lucky enough to have the same problem. What other things would be associated to this ?