WTB used crank pinning kit

D1SCSS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the same boat to borrow one gents. Been running my radix awhile with out one and I think its about time lol before something bad happens. I'll pay for shipping no problem just don't want to drop a benjamin on a tool I won't use again.

Also- what are all of you using for dowls? Just steel rods?

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I am in the same boat to borrow one gents. Been running my radix awhile with out one and I think its about time lol before something bad happens. I'll pay for shipping no problem just don't want to drop a benjamin on a tool I won't use again.

Also- what are all of you using for dowls? Just steel rods?

Hardened steel pins. I have heard of people using 1/4" drill bits too. I bought the pins I have from Procharger.

I did this one out of the truck but the following week I did another in the truck wasn't to hard I had my fans out to make a little room I used a smaller bit to cut in between the the crank and bal. The I used the correct size bit to finish it off took no more the 15 mins.

I really need to find out if my crank is pinned. How hard is it and what has to be removed.

I was told my blower was installed at magnuson so idk if they might have done it

Taking off the crank bolt. Its a bitch to get off, and a bitch to put back on (remember you need a new one if you pull it-ONE TIME USE BOLT)

I have not had any issues getting the bolt out with my 1/2" impact gun, and when I drilled the balancer, I used my 3/8 air drill. I did not have to remove my electric fans or anything. Just the lower splash guard.

I did it with out the jig its very easy ill see if I can find the pics only cost me $10 to do

I did it without the jig as well. Turned out pretty nice. I used 8mm dowels. Pretty stout little bastards. If i could do it again though, since i had the crank out and everything, i should have paid the machine shop to do a professional looking job and put a nice clean key way on it. But nevertheless, its done and that pulley is gonna need WAY more torque than what im pushing to walk around that crank snout. Plus i had it all balanced after i pinned it, so its all good to go.