New to forum and SS's

09SS

Hello,

I live in Henderson (Las Vegas) NV. I just purchased a used 2009 Silverado. This is a Black, LTZ trimmed, 6.0, 6spd 1500 that was moded and fitted to be an SS by the original owner. Will post pics soon. I had no idea that it wasn't a "real" SS when I purchased it last week. I stumbled upon this site when researching why my VIN decoded as a LTZ and not an SS. Anyway, I hope to learn more from all of you and that you will accept me and my 2009 "SS" into your community.

Brandon

09SS

Thanks for the warm welcome. So far I love the truck and have gotten a ton of compliments. The original owner was a friend of the dealer and huge SS fan. He supposedly entered it into a lot of shows and pampered the hell out of it. The 6.2 liter would be desirable but I will take it for what it is. Wasn't the 6.2 only offered for the HD and Sierra Denali? Again I am new to all this and appreciate the feedback and info.

Thanks for the warm welcome. So far I love the truck and have gotten a ton of compliments. The original owner was a friend of the dealer and huge SS fan. He supposedly entered it into a lot of shows and pampered the hell out of it. The 6.2 liter would be desirable but I will take it for what it is. Wasn't the 6.2 only offered for the HD and Sierra Denali? Again I am new to all this and appreciate the feedback and info.

Nope in 2009 GM switched to the 6.2L in the 1500 Trucks. The 6.2L was never offered in the HD's. I think GM may have switched to the 6.2L halfway through 2009 so your truck could have a 6.0L. I always thought they switched at the beginning of 09, but i guess im wrong.

Its a good looking truck you got there. But you may want to think about removing those SS badges, most of us dont like it when someone slaps SS badges on a regular Silverado, unless its a really well don clone. There is nothing about your truck that makes it close to an SS. Thats just my opinion.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Nope in 2009 GM switched to the 6.2L in the 1500 Trucks. The 6.2L was never offered in the HD's. I think GM may have switched to the 6.2L halfway through 2009 so your truck could have a 6.0L. I always thought they switched at the beginning of 09, but i guess im wrong.

Its a good looking truck you got there. But you may want to think about removing those SS badges, most of us dont like it when someone slaps SS badges on a regular Silverado, unless its a really well don clone. There is nothing about your truck that makes it close to an SS. Thats just my opinion.

L76 replaced the LQ9 (fuel management and more HP), lowered ride height, color matching front facia, improved trans, bucket seats, 4wheel disc full ABS, 20" wheels....Id say they are comparable. Educate me though.

Thanks! We should meet up sometime.

Yeah I'm in the middle of 2 projects right now and just came across a nice deal with a body shop,I'm trying to clean up my truck a bit,I have a couple scuffs on both front/rear bumpers I wanna repaint as well as my bed cover but I'm sure we an set up a meeting sometime in may.