Has anyone ever mounted gauges on the outside of the wiper cowl?

Blown 346

Thats the problem, not knowing if they will work with our trucks... It looks like it might, but then it also looks like it wont. I guess i could always mount the gauge into the back of the cowl on the hood so when the hood opens the gauge moves with it.

Thats the problem, not knowing if they will work with our trucks... It looks like it might, but then it also looks like it wont. I guess i could always mount the gauge into the back of the cowl on the hood so when the hood opens the gauge moves with it.

Yes mount them in the cowl so they move with the hood. Wiring can get a lil tricky just make sure you have enough slack for the hood completely open.

Should be interesting. I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out. I think most gauges are 2 1/4", and most cowls are 2" lift. So it'll be difficult, unless you find smaller ones. But they are going to be almost 2ft away, so the last thing you wanna do is make them smaller. Maybe if you find a 3" hood? That'd be badass. A 3" rise cowl would look pissed off.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I tried for the longest time to find a 3" cowl and unless I had bought a mold and had one made it wasnt going to happen. A 2 5/8th gauge will fit in the back of the cowl, its just mounting it thats the issue with out cutting anything.

Next you will have to worry about functionality of the cowl and some asshat cutting them off and taking while you are in Quiktrip taking a dump.

Quit telling my secrets. How do you think I got my SS cluster and LQ9.

In all seriousness, it could look good if done right. You could also toss the idea of an above hood mounted gauge like the tach on a GTO

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...