lost 2nd gear

Explain inspected?

dropped pan at transmission shop inspected the band through a hole In the tranny and he told me it was fine 4th should slip if it wasn't they share the same band all gears feel fine second just went on vacation and never came back its my second neutral LOL

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is the case then it could be a leak in the 2nd gear apply circuit (servo assembly or 1-2 accumulator). Double check by using the pressure gauge and watch for a big drop when the PCM commands 2nd gear.

I talked to chuck at FLT he's gonna tell me what it is so if you wanna wait I let you know but it's gonna be a while there's 20 people in front of me before my tranny gets sent out but I want a new tranny if you don't I'll pm you what it is so you can fix it

I called and I have 1 month left on my extended warranty so I took off my supercharger and taking it to the transmission shop in the morning hopefully they will be able to tell me what it is and fix it and I'll post what it is.

Got lucky they put a new transmission in it they didn't say what broke in the old one thanks for all the help.

yeah everyone I talked to said to get into it and fix the problem that I should just rebuild the whole thing

They are virtually the same, I believe the only difference between the two is that the 4L70E has an output speed sensor and the 4L65E does not. Check your RPO code labels inside your glove box, tell us if there is an M32 code on it.....

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)