NW Florida Meet! 3/30/13

This thing started a few years ago as a primarily Camaro/Firebird GTG, but over time we've drawn all sorts of GM guys and gals. If anyone would like to join, we'd love to have you. I'll be trailering this year, as I'm bringing big bird out, so that gives me just cause to throw up an invite for my truck bros ;)

IMG_6850.jpg

It is official. 4th Annual Destin Fbody Meet will be Saturday, March 30th at Johnny O'quigley's. Event starts at 1pm. For those who have never been, we have attendees over that past years coming from as far west as Mobile, as far east as Tallahassee, and as far north as Montgomery. Usually between 25-40 cars attending ranging all the way from 1st to 5th gens. The afternoon begins with a meet in the parking lot of Johnny O's followed by going inside to eat around 2:30pm. Then we return to the parking lot to talk, and take photos. No cruises are scheduled, but feel free to plan one if you like with others you meet. Please no burnouts or crazy driving while attending the event. Johnny O's has been kind enough to let us use their parking lot to hold this meet for the last three years and we would like to be able to do it again next year. If you don't have an Fbody, but are a fan of the Fbody platform, you are welcome to attend. This is a rain or shine event. Last year some heavy rain scared some away only to find that the weather was sunny and dry once reaching Destin. Besides their is no rain inside Johnny O's. Hope to see you there.

Johnny Oquigley's Address:
34940 Emerald Coast Pkwy
Destin, FL 32541

If you would like to view some pics from the past meets you can find them in these threads.

North Florida meet

Big Fbody Meet April 2nd Destin Commons

3rd Annual BIG Fbody Destin Meet for Florida Panhandle and Alabama

I'm over in Pensacola. I may be able to come by for this. I have to clear it with the wife, make sure I don't have any conflicts with school, and check on the weather (my SSS doesn't come out to play in the rain). It would be awesome if we could get some more members out there.

Anyone else planning on going?

If I can come I will try to give you as much notice as possible. Also if so, I'd like you to save me a spot next to your truck if it's possible.

Won't be an issue. Just come on out!

I used to live in fort Walton beach. Wish I still did so I could attend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Yep, it's a good time. Would have been in your backyard!

Thanks, that's the unicorn. I have to take it out every 3-4 years so people don't get it confused with the wife's car. ;)

IMG_4479.jpg

They don't look anything alike, but nevertheless, people assume they're the same car- Well, until I start the other one ;)

Edited by O2 WS6 TA (see edit history)

I'm over in Pensacola. I may be able to come by for this. I have to clear it with the wife, make sure I don't have any conflicts with school, and check on the weather (my SSS doesn't come out to play in the rain). It would be awesome if we could get some more members out there.

Anyone else planning on going?

Oh, and by the way, looks like we're clear from any chance of rain- See you there! ;)

Oh, and by the way, looks like we're clear from any chance of rain- See you there! ;)

Hey man. Yeah, it's looking good for tomorrow. Everything has fallen into place for me this week and right now we are planning on comming. I'm going to give the truck a rub when I get home from work today so it will be clean for the show. What time are you getting there? Also, what's your real name so I know what to call you tomorrow? Mine is Chris. PM me your number so we can coordinate.