Trailer harness

bdsstrk

Does the ss come with the factory trailer wiring with the electric brakes?i bought one but the trailer hitch was removed so wondering if I can just get the end plug and and wire adapter that plugs into it or do I have to run extra wires for the electric brakes?,also is all the hitches the same for silverados during those yrs or does the ss need a special trailer hitch? Thanks in advance for any info

The SS comes with the tow package and the 7 pin connector, all you have to do is plug in the trailer brake controller in the panel behind the e-brake pedal. If the 7 pin is gone under the back of the truck, there should be a connecter where it plugged in.

The SS comes with the tow package and the 7 pin connector, all you have to do is plug in the trailer brake controller in the panel behind the e-brake pedal. If the 7 pin is gone under the back of the truck, there should be a connecter where it plugged in.

Is this true with all SSs?

Is there an RPO code on the door that would show if you have the harness? I am purchasing a 2005 RWD SS with the trailering package and am wondering how do I know if its there. Its something I will def be adding so it would be nice if its there!

I dont believe there is a code for the harness,(If there is I have no idea what the code would be) only if the truck came with the trailer wiring. My 04 had the trailer wiring, no hitch and no Trailer brake harness. GM normally put the Trailer brake harness in the glove box. The Trailer brake harness was never connected by GM.

Like said earlier in one of the above posts, you can look behind the Hood latch toward the firewall. If someone hooked up the Trailer Brake harness it would be there. Otherwise it either got lost, the old owner doesnt want to give it up, or it never came with it. I was lucky enough with my 03 that the old owner kept it in the truck in the glove box.

All the trucks should already be wired with the trailer harness, with or without the hitch and connecter.

There is a panel above the ebrake where you plug in the brake harness, My controller came with a premade harness so I didn't have to worry about splicing one together. Under the bed of the truck there should be a connector to install the 7 pin socket to the trailer harness.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Chevy/tech/Prodigy/

Edited by Sneakystiffler21 (see edit history)

My truck had no factory hitch or brake wiring. I still have no brake wiring. The harness for the trailer wiring for a 7 pin RV style was tucked under zip tied to the frame. I went to TSC bought a bitch and plug. The plug I made was designed to be plug and play for these trucks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Looks like the 2nd poster was right. The SS "Should" come with the trailering package... meaning it has a hitch and 7 pin connector, as well as prewired for the Trailer Brake.

100_0245.jpg