exhaust question

Not true, you just need to add a little extra onto your system to quiet it down.

You can make it fit, if its done right. I got 2 e cutouts, a X-pipe, a 24" flo pro DI/DO, 2 glass packs, 2 45* elbows and tips out the side before the rear tire.

Who wants to have to keep adding things to the exhaust to not have rasp when a good muffler will help?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who wants to have to keep adding things to the exhaust to not have rasp when a good muffler will help?

Because I still wanted good flow (straight through, unobstructed) damn near impossible to do without cats if you want to kill rasp completely. That whole set up I listed is straight through, no baffles. There is a good muffler on it, but it wasn't enough once the cats got pulled, so on went the glass packs. I have a ear for rasp and really can't stand it.

Check out Spintech 6000 and 9000 (I think 6k was the louder one), and the dynomax bullet.. Those few are highly recommend, loved, and run. Both have that low deep sound your wanting, while having very little drone in the cab

As for videos, you don't have to find an exact one from an SS. Watch some with 5.3s or ever some ford and dodges. You'll get the general idea of what the muffler will sound like

sent from your HTC Rezound

I Googled spintech 6000 and watched the first video which was a silverado and it sounds damn close to mine maybe a little more raspy then mine. Perhaps im being to fussy lol... or just get chambered mufflers would help?

Ya some 6k's do have a little rasp at wot. I think most mufflers with that deep muscle sound will have a little. Maybe the 9k is a little better.

There is also the Aeroturbine muffer. This is my personal favorite in which I plan on running. Has exceptional all-around sound and for a great price

sent from your HTC Rezound

Man that's all in the sound you want. Preference. I'm magnaflow. Most guys here love Corsa. It's all in the sound yr looking for.

X2 mangaflow if you have a tight budget if not corsa,borla are ways to go....keep the tips there BA approved

The borlas that ive heard didnt have the same rumble i have now that i love so much.. i dont know guys maybe im wanting my cake and eat it too. Everyone that has heard my truck gets a pants tent lol.. i guess for now i will deal with it till i hear something that really makes me hate my sound. U all had good input though and will look into them all.

Thanks a bunch!